Game Icon

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Kanishk Sachdeva, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I recently placed a game icon in BB3 Beta 3 and saved and for installed the game on my iPhone using Xcode to check how the icon is looking on a phone.
    After this I again reopened Buildbox and removed the icon but even after removing the icon, size of bbdoc file does not change. The icon size was 900 kb and size of my bbdoc file before adding the icon was 3 mb and after adding the icon was 4.1 but when then I removed the icon the bbdoc project size still stays at 4.1 mb, is the icon not removed ? How to fix this ?

2. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

I had this issue earlier in the year. I had loaded about 30 different icons to test ideas and my game just grew despite running optimise all the time. I unzipped the game file to find all the icon images stored in there still. There seems to be a bug in the software that doesn't purge those icon images for some reason.

In the end I was given advice on how to manually cleanse my project, this link should show you the thread, failing that then look through my posts to find it.

http://www.buildbox.com/forum/index...c-that-are-not-in-the-atlas.12945/#post-71462

3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Yes it's a bug too bad, you can delete these files by changing the extension of the file from bbdoc to .zip, (but don't unzip it) just search for the images that you want to delete, and delete them, after that you change the extension back to bbdoc, open it in buildbox, go to atlases and optimize it, it will automatically delete them and the size file will be smaller :)

4. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Thanks patostar. I just realised you were talking about bb3. I get this on bb2 so it looks like it’s a carryover issue

5. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

No man I am not talking about bb3, im talking about bb2 that I am still using right now, the solution that I posted works with bb2 man :)

6. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Sorry, I've confused things. OP was talking about BB3

patostar likes this.
  7. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

Thanks a lot for the solution but I am facing this problem in BB3 , will this solution work for BB3 as well, do you guys have any idea ?

8. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

You need to open the file from the outside to slate the images on any program. It works the same way as a computer, you can delete it but it's still going to be there. It will just be hidden