First scene in the original Flappy Birds

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by vietzero, Jun 20, 2016.

1. vietzero

vietzero Boxer

Remember in Flappy Bird where the first scene was just the bird flying forward with a message that says "TAP!" or something like that. I'm making a Flappy Bird clone just for practice, but I don't know how to just let the bird fly with no other scenes being introduced until the player taps the screen. The bird doesn't even start to drop until the player touches the screen. Is this possible in BuildBox?

Can someone tell me how I can do that?

2. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

With BB2 you can create a world that loads before the actual game. In this world you can have an object (a bird flapping) in the middle of the screen, and have an invisible navigation button that covers the whole screen. This navigation button would link to the actual game world.

3. shabeerahmedshah

shabeerahmedshah Boxer

Can I any one help me? I am about to show the Game Over Screen once the player collides with the enemy object.

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Try to do the same as "The Pit", but the invisible button, and fill the entire screen

5. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

The Start scene is for that, just pull that yellow frame out long enough to accommodate your needs. Place labels and what not in there. Then all other scenes are randomly placed by default.

For learning purpose you should do the default first, this is only for your future reference and if you want to make a bit more interesting game:

You can manually mix and match scenes by clicking on them and adjusting Begin, End, Size etc. These parameters are in pixels, but anyhow, you can strategically arrange scenes by Tutorial, Easy, Intermediate and Hard levels for example, so as player progress further and further gets harder and harder challenges.

Each sections levels will be still randomly pulled out. So for example you can have 5 tutorial levels from pixels 1-10 (i use ridiculously low numbers here, just for explaining things but you need to use lot bigger ones, like typically 500-1500 pixels per scene, maybe one secion 50k-100k). So tutorial is from 1-10, then Easy is from 11-30, then you can have a little overlap with Intermediate 20-50, and then Hard from 40-(-1) {-1 means infinite}... So if you have 5 scenes for each, then on each sections only those 5 scenes are pulled out randomly until you reach End distance so scenes from that section will no longer be used. And if you have that overlap between Easy and Intermediate then 5+5 from both will be pulled out...