Fire Bullets In Same Rotation As My Gun?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Simas Marciukonis, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Simas Marciukonis

Simas Marciukonis Boxer

Hey all, I've just gotten into bb in the past few days and have already encountered a problem. I've looked high and low and haven't found an adequate solution (I did find one, but I couldn't get it to work inside of my game). I've been searching all day and I'm frustrated.

Basically: I have a shooter that produces a bullet at the end of its barrel, and the bullet fires from the position it is in. Yay! However, it only follows the negative z-axis (as that's the movement I've set it to for when it spawns), whereas I want it to travel in any direction that my shooter is facing. The problem lies in that I've clicked "Follow Rotation" and it does not, in fact, follow the rotation that it is facing.

For reference, I'm making a top-down view, 1v1 shooter game, that is made in 3D but looks like it's in 2D (just because I figured making projectiles in 3D would be easier. Although, if you know of a way to do this easier in 2D, I don't mind starting from scratch).

If you'd like for me to upload my files, or any clarification, just ask.

Thanks in advance for any help, always appreciated :D

(Attached: what I've got so far)

Attached Files:

5petersonzachary likes this.
  2. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

If you upload your .bbdoc I can take a quick look and send it back to you if I fix it. I have projectiles in my game and they are following rotation, so I'll can see if I can help

Simas Marciukonis likes this.
  3. Simas Marciukonis

Simas Marciukonis Boxer

That's very kind of you!! Thank you so much, and thank you for the quick reply :D

For reference, both characters can move, but only Player 1 (the green tank) can shoot as of right now. Hopefully what I've done isn't too convoluted for you to understand :p

I wasn't sure how to upload my .bbdoc as it said that filetype isn't supported, so I've made a download link instead, sorry :confused:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mpygl6lqr042o4w/3D_Tank_Wars.bbdoc/file

4. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

I have looked at it and am just as confused as you. Follow rotation should be working correctly, but it's not. Maybe it's a bug in bb 3.2?

Simas Marciukonis likes this.
  5. Simas Marciukonis

Simas Marciukonis Boxer

Well, that's unfortunate. It seems I'll have to put this game on hold for the time being, in that case. Thank you very much for your help :)

6. visionarymonkey

visionarymonkey Boxer

I too ran into the same issue. It worked fine before 3.2 but no longer works in 3.2. Either there is a bug or a different way we have to do it.