Evaluating Buildbox: Collected Questions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Boxwerker, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Boxwerker

Boxwerker Boxer

Hi everybody, after 2 days evaluating BuildBox 2.2.8 and understanding the philosophy behind I do have a couple of (rather fundamental) questions which I couldn't a find an answer in the forums & manual.

Software
    1. One user mentioned version 2.2.9. which is supposed to work with Xcode 8.3.x, whereas 2.2.8 works best with Xcode 7.x - where do I get version 2.2.9, or are they talking about a beta version?
    General/World

[​IMG]
    1. I created a project with just a closed box and a ball (physics) object inside, reset all world parameters to 0 (s. attached image) and assigned a linear velocity (10,10) to the ball. Why is the game scene moving in that case, and where is the velocity for that movement defined? And why is the ball not moving here? I expected the exact opposite: the scene not moving, but the ball moving.
    2. Eventually I found out that setting "Time Warp" > 0 moves the ball. The higher the value, the faster moves the ball - why is that? The manual 2.0 suggests something completely different for this parameter: "Time Warp: how long to wait before adding 'speed increase' to the current game speed."
    3. When you enable "Show Game Frame" in the scene editor, there appear 4 bars which can be clicked on and toggled between gray, yellow, red color - what are these bars for?
    Physics
    1. From the manual p31: "If you require more standard physics for your bounce, leave this at 0,0 and put a value for World Bounce force. Also this will not affect objects attached to the character." Ok, so with a value 0 the ball from the project above will not move, with e.g. 300 the ball gets faster and faster. In another test project a value of 100 seems to keep bouncing objects at the same speed. Does a value of 100 for the "World Bounce force" mean 100%, or how can we simply say: always keep the same velocity when bouncing off platforms etc.?
    Actions/Transformations
    1. Can you attach actions/transformations to moving objects and/or characters?

Thanks in advance.

Attached Files: