Enemy Hit Counter

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sebb121, Dec 11, 2017.

1. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

Hello! I recently got Buildbox and I couldn't be more excited to start a new chapter into game creation! I've only been using Buildbox for a few days now and I've been able to implement my design with ease. Kudos to the team and thanks to everyone posting tutorials.

Anyway, I'm wondering if someone could give me a suggestion on how to create a hit counter, similar to the screen I posted. Essentially, I'm creating a space shooter, and I'd like the enemy health to count down like the squares on the screenshot. Initially, I thought about overlaying enemies, but didn't work out as planned.

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

To copy something like that, you will need to use animations. So each coloured box would have it's number 1,2,3,4, etc. Then in the defeated animation, you place its corresponding lower number. As an example if you had number 5, you would place number 4 in the defeated animation. In number 4, you place number 3 etc.

It's the only solution that I have found and is not perfect. I've tried using damage/health but when you hit the box, it doesn't seem to work correctly.

3. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

That's a pretty creative solution! Right now, I am creating a sequence of layered squares and counting down health by layer: Square 5 = 1 Health, square 4 = 2 health, etc. Finally "Square 1" will have the final explosion animation. I was hoping for a simpler method, but this seems to be working.

[​IMG]https://imgur.com/0d4da5a6-792d-4a42-929c-6a5000b7ecf9[/IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sebb121

sebb121 Boxer

[​IMG]
    Here we go!