Eclipse Problems....

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Trudeau, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Hey everyone!

Has anyone come across these eclipse errors when trying to export game for APK? (see image)

I've spend days getting the game on the App Store, now I'm going thru the whole process again with Android. I purchased and downloaded the new Buildbox 2.X Development book from Packt. I followed the instructions as best I could for the Android export section but I keep getting these errors and can't figure out how to get rid of them.

If theres another link to a tutorial in this forum somewhere with step by step eclipse help that would be great.

I've also attached an image of my installation details if that helps. Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 5.00.44 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 5.53.50 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 5.53.50 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 5.00.44 pm.png Screen Shot 2016-10-12 at 5.53.50 pm.png

Thanks in advance

2. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I think it is a problem of SDK's have you installed your Android SDK's?

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

You must install all the Android SDKs you intend to support. Buildbox 2 goes back to 4.4 I think which is the majority of Android Devices. However, some phones and tablets (back to 2012) support Android 4.03 Ice Cream Sandwich - a small market share but probably still important in emerging markets.

You will also need to install Google Play Services and everything else relevant(you wont need the VR and Google Wear stuff). Then under your preferences in Eclipse, make sure all folders are pointing to your SDK folder and Java folder.

4. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Have you gone to properties and selected ignore all Lint Errors?
    Just a thought.

5. Trudeau

Trudeau Boxer

Yea, I have the ignore all Lint Errors on.

I don't have any android devices so I'm really starting from scratch here.
    If someone can jump on team viewer and help me compile my game and export it to the Google Play store and test it on an Android device, I can pay you $25 USD thru PayPal. I'm running out of time for getting this game out.

PM if anyone is interested or can help. I'm in Melbourne, Australia for timezone compatibility. :)

6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Christoph likes this.
  7. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Install your Android sdk all of em which u want.... Ignore the lint errors everytime you import into eclipse... And i am sure u will have no problem...

8. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

These aren't Lint errors - they are compiler errors - meaning they can't be ignored.