Duplicate Group Layer

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by alain_grignon, Oct 1, 2016.

1. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

Hey guys,

I've been using Group Layers to organize composite objects in my game. One of these has linked objects with a number of parameters. Now that I've set it up, I was hoping to just duplicate that group layer and paste it in other scenes, or even in the same scene. I tried the following and none work to duplicate or copy. Anyone have success with duplicating group layers with all contents and settings in tacked?

Command - C and V (nope)
    D (nope)
    W A S D (nope)
    Command D (nope)

There is no mention of this in the manual either. This would be a VERY powerful feature to have if it isn't there and it doesn't seem to be a hard thing to implement.

Any ideas?

Alain Grignon
    zHeroez Founder

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Easy way to copy multiple items is to link them all together and either duplicate or copy the master

3. alain_grignon

alain_grignon Boxer

@heathclose yes, I've managed to do that, but it duplicated each item in the same group layer, making it difficult to mange each linked entity within the game's layering system. Not to mention that they don't interact as a whole when trying to rotate the entire linked lot. Only the master rotates.

I think I might have to fake it by building the composite in Pixelmator and adding it as a single object. Just a bummer that I won't have the benefits of having the complex collision shapes I could have had using the group layer method I was hoping for.

Perhaps in a new build???