Dogfight Game Frame issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by dstokes1714, Jan 21, 2016.

1. dstokes1714

dstokes1714 Boxer

I am having trouble setting up a dogfight level. I have my vertical scrolling background as well as my character but he seems to be ignoring the game frame settings. I can always move my character down below the game frame and off the screen in spite of having the bottom set to block. This happens if I shrink the game frame window, I can still move down through the game frame. Once I move down through it I am stuck and unable to move back up. I have tried setting up physics object blockers like walls but they end up scrolling off the screen with the background screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

i just saw this setting up a dogfight game, too... stuck below just like you said...im also trying to figure out why it isn't scrolling top to bottom, mine is scrolling left to right... no matter what i set game direction to.. it is laying the portrait game frame on its side like a landscape frame and scrolling left or right

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  3. reegannaidoo

reegannaidoo Boxer

4. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Is this BB1 or BB2? I set up a quick test and found something funny (in BB1.3.5) that you might want to try. When I set the game frame to PASS at the bottom instead of BLOCK - it blocked the character without letting it go below the game frame line. This isn't the way its supposed to work, but that's how it is working for me. :)

5. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

Move the bottom of the game frame up a bit. Experiment with it's position until you are happy with it. Works fine.

6. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

No it's a problem, Sean said they're looking into it