Do Buildbox games need a privacy policy

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by GTE Games, Jan 6, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Going through the app submission process and Apple asks for "Privacy Policy URL". (Optional)

For the pop-up it reads "A URL that links to your organization's privacy policy. Privacy policies are required for apps that are Made for Kids or offer automatically renewable In-App Purchases or free subscriptions. They are also required for apps with account registration, apps that access a user’s existing account, or as otherwise required by law. Privacy policies are recommended for apps that collect user- or device-related data."

My question... do any of the features in Buildbox, or Buildbox 2 make it a requirement that we have Privacy Policies in place for each game. My only guess would be for "Game Services" tracking user stats within our games. But I'm not 100% sure how that works and whether "we" are collecting anything from the people playing our games.

As far as I know, I can't get a list of emails of all the people that have installed my buildbox games? (Although it would be great for future marketing of new games)

Does anyone have any information or practical experience with Privacy Polices, has anyone posted a Privacy Policy for one of their games?

Thanks!

tomwhite3d and Jamie like this.
  2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

I would also like any information @TreySmith and Team Buildbox have to share about the extent to which Buildbox features (without additional programming implementations added) -- including use of suggested ad implementations -- warrant the need for a privacy policy. I will likely email the same question to the ad company whose ads I use, but the same question still applies here to Buildbox

tomwhite3d and GTE Games like this.
  3. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Any news on this? I'm kind of stuck on this too.. Is there a quick way to generate this PP? @Andy. please

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Jamie likes this.
  4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The privacy policy is 100% up to you guys. We can't give you legal advice. I would say if you are using any advertising network that you contact them directly for any info on what you might need to include in a privacy policy.

There are several sites that might help you, I don't know anything about them and have never used them myself... just providing the link in case someone finds it helpful.

http://www.appprivacy.net
    https://termsfeed.com/blog/privacy-policy-ios-apps/

Jamie likes this.
  5. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Jamie likes this.
  6. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Is this required in all games even if the app/game don't collect any user info?!

7. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Re-read @Andy post 'The privacy policy is 100% up to you guys. We can't give you legal advice'

8. khalid

khalid Avid Boxer

Thank you.

I've red it, but still asking do I need to include PP in all games to be accepted by app/game stores? Even if the game don't collect any user info and don't have any Ads!!

9. defonten

defonten Avid Boxer

Not sure about Android, but AppStore won't allow you submit your app for a review without PP

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Your iOS app (developed for iPhone or iPad) is required to have a Privacy Policy if you access, collect and transmit personal information from users.

Buildbox games do NOT access, collect or transmit personal information from users, therefore do NOT need any Privacy Policy.