Diagonal Movement For Objects

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Apr 26, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

I am using transform logic to make objects move, but it can work only straight left and right and down and up, but I want the object to move in a diagonal direction like 45 degree, how do I make it happen?

2. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@patostar Hi, I'm not sure I've correctly understood what you mean but in BB2 you may set both X and Y fields of linear velocity modifier so if you set both at the same value, positive or negative depending on which of the four diags you desire, you'll get 45°.
    In the attached picture a transform from my game Tchupiki which changes the linear velocity of the colliding platform so that it moves up and right at a speed of 2.4 and 6, which is an angle of about 20°, if it were 6 and 6 the angle would be 45°.

upload_2019-4-26_19-3-40.png

Jaro likes this.
  3. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Oh man thanks a lot, finally I am able to do the 45 degree movement lol, I tried many times but couldn't get it to work, this is important for my game, because moving left and right, up and down is getting boring, I needed this 45 degree, thanks again :)

4. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Hi , how we can do similar movement for character? Eg. 45 degree character swipe. Many thanks