Create a Rocket Ship

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by shaunfal, Oct 28, 2015.

1. shaunfal

shaunfal Boxer

Hey Buildbox family!!

So I'm on a little mission to create a rocket ship that's flown in a similar style to the one in "Geometry Dash". One where the character jumps into and rocket ship then becomes controllable by touching. I'm guessing it has to be an action that overlays the character but not sure what to do past that. I've seen it done before (think it was in Darthy), anybody mind sharing their secret on doing it? Would greatly appreciate it!

2. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

It is just a gameplay action with the art layered over top. Make the gameplay action and start tweaking the settings. I have not tried to make the rocket ship work that way but you might be able to. I would use the joystick controller for movement and dial back the movement so that the rocket is slower to start. If you have any other questions I'm always around for chat

3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is not possible with Buildbox 1.x. The only option is what Collin says, but it replaces the original character. No way to join the action object (the spaceship) with your current character. You can include in the action graphic your character so it seems that he jumped in.

4. shaunfal

shaunfal Boxer

Awesome thanks! I'll play around with it and let you know if I need any more help @Collin Wade Thiessen

5. shaunfal

shaunfal Boxer

6. mbx

mbx Boxer

Did you ever figure this out?