Circular Move - Rotate 2 Or More Objects As One

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sfraz, Feb 16, 2020.

1. sfraz

sfraz Boxer

Hi!

How can I use Circular Move to rotate 2 or more objects as one? For instance they begin parallel to each other, rotate clockwise (each from their respective positions) and never overlap but continue the circular move. My biggest concern is having them move as if they were one collective unit.

Attached is what I am essentially looking to do. Ignore the red image with the arrow, the blue pillars movement are what I would like to mimic.

Tried so far:
    - Reverse Direction
    - Changing Plane/Start Direction around to see affects.
    - Reviewing YouTube/Buildbox forums to see if this question has been asked before.

If there is another way to do this without using Circular move, please let me know. I appreciate any help towards this!

Thank you

Attached Files:

2. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

Make object B child of Object A then apply rotation

3. sfraz

sfraz Boxer

@Elite Games that didn't work. When object B is a child of object A, it creates two Circular orbits in two different areas of the scene. Thank you for the response.

Somehow by playing around with it a few more times, I think I found a way to get it to work!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Elite Games likes this.
  4. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

I mean that only rotate A so that b follow its rotation.

For example put empty gameobject in the middle of the screen then add 2 child object with some distance. Now rotate your empty game object. Child object will rotate around empty object. Empty object will behave as centor of pivot point for rotation . No need to apply any rotation to child object as they are following the parent gameobject rotation.
    In the file you attach this was the concept which i observed.