Chartboost Not Working At Android!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by volcank, May 6, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi,

Even tough it works at ios I can not seem to make Chartboost work at Android. You have said you have fixed the issue with Android. For that Do I have to use 2.2.9 for this?? I tested out test ads also and they didn't work. @Andy

Thank You.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

The latest 2.2.9 BETA does have a fix for Chartboost on Android. There is a section missing from the AndroidManifest. You can just paste the missing lines into your version if you don't want to update. The missing Activity code is:

Code:
            <activity android:name="com.chartboost.sdk.CBImpressionActivity"
                  android:excludeFromRecents="true"
                  android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Translucent.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen"
                  android:configChanges="keyboardHidden|orientation|screenSize"/>

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you that is most useful. I actually installed 2.2.9 as a seperate build but still the engine didn't work as it is supposed to. I mean Buildbox 2.2.8 and 2.2.9 works totally different. I have done a fidget spinner game which you can check the game here.

https://itunes.apple.com/tr/app/fidget-spinner-wheel-toy-best-stress-relief-game/id1232503835?mt=8

I opened the same file same settings and in both android and apple when I start to spin the fidgets ti starts to move up or down right or left or slides slowly behaves weird. In 2.2.8 no matter what you do it always stays centered so you can spin it like crazy. What I used it I used swipe controls with advanced move and using angular velocity with add function. So maybe if you can check for bugs in 2.2.9 it could be nice. In this situation I can never use 2.2.9 to update the app I just mentioned above. I will always have to use 2.2.8 version.

Btw where do I write those lines. Do I add them in Eclipse and if yes where do I add them? I would appreciate if you could specify a location at eclipse. Thank You!

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Send an example BBDOC of your gameplay to support@buildbox.com, it's possible and maybe even likely that the last internal build addresses the issue with your gameplay. We actually fixed something similar for another customer but it would be nice if we could confirm for you.

You need to edit the AndroidManifest.xml file. I can't give you an exact line number, it might be different based on what is included in your game. But you should paste it right after the first (and maybe only) line that looks EXACTLY like this.
    Code:
            </activity>

Might be about line 27 or so.

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok thank you! I will check the AndroidManifest.xml file and try to fix that problem. I will also send you an example file as soon as possible so you can check it out. Btw is there a way to use encryption in 2.2.8 especially for Android. Recently somebody ripped of my app at android by using reverse engineering stealing my graphics and the music I used. Thanx

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

No, encryption is not available in 2.2.8. If you work with support we can make sure your up and running on 2.2.9. This will solve both issues for you.

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Thank you so
    Thank you so much for the support @Andy will edit and let you know. Also will send you a bb.doc as soon as I can.

Regards

Volkan

Last edited: May 8, 2017