Character Should Collect The Displayed Image

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ZakM, Apr 21, 2020.

1. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

Hi,

Just started using Buildbox, so i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but I want to basically display 2 objects say a Square and a circle at the top of the screen, one on the left side and the other on the right and which ever is shown the character must collect the object displayed otherwise the game ends.

The image hopefully makes a bit more sense lol.

Thanks
    Screenshot-750x1334-2020-04-21-03.59.41PM.png InkedScreenshot-750x1334-2020-04-21-03.59.41PM_LI.jpg

2. sws

sws Boxer

I am new to Buildbox as well, but I think that could be done. I do not know all the prebuilt nodes very well, but you could use Script nodes.

In the car's Node Map you could add a Script node that counts down a timer that will choose a shape each time it hits zero. When the car hits a shape, it would check to make sure the shape is the currently chosen shape and add a point. If it is wrong, game could end.

Let me know if you need help with the code.

3. ZakM

ZakM Boxer

Thank for that - makes sense, however i've decided to do something different instead.

I'm terrible with coding anyways, but maybe you can post something for future reference maybe or if somebody else has the same question, if you don't mind

Thanks