Character movement

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by sealedlab, Jan 25, 2016.

1. sealedlab

sealedlab Boxer

Hello,

I'm facing a problem with the character movement. as you see in The Line Zen, the character moves only left or right (with the joystick choosen as a option in BuildBox).

How can i obtain the same thing like in The Line Zen because if i put joystick in my game it moves in all 4 directions (up, down, left, right)?

2. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

@sealedlab Go to Settings -> Gameplay -> Advanced Gameplay Settings -> Max Speed Y = 0

duyduy_nguyen likes this.
  3. duyduy_nguyen

duyduy_nguyen Boxer

Thank you - it's really help!

4. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

how to do that in buildbox 2.0 beta version as i didnt use buildbox 1 they both are somewhat different icant find settings>gameplay>advanced in 2.0 can you please help me

5. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

BB2 Offers multiple characters like never before. You can the above setting you are looking for in by selecting a character in your sidebar that is in far left. and then scrolling down to character an you can find character gameplay settings.

Cheers.!

6. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

can you help me with this how we can control the game speed, at starting levels it should be slow and when the game is going on the speed of game should increase

7. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

you will find this in world options on the right when you select a world in mind map.(find the attached).

set min and max speed and then use speed increase. this will increase speed in every level until the speed is at its maximum.

But I will tell you this that you will have to experiment with it and also keep it in sync with the max x or y speed of character which you can find in character's gameplay setting.!

Attached Files:

8. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

my game type is single world and world end action is endless there is no world in mind map i am using avoidance game play type can you please tell me where can i find it

9. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

Its always there bro. even if you have a zero world game. It is always at the top left of your screen. see the screenshot.

If you are using BB2 you will find the above settings exactly where I told you above. If BB1 then you will find it simply in settings.!

BB1 or 2 Mind map is always there.

Attached Files:

10. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

thank you so much i understood now

11. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

How to do these setting the enemies suddenly come and they stop beside of us without hitting us

Attached Files:

12. qnarg

qnarg Boxer

And also these line they drop perpendicular to the character suddenly and stop how is this settings made

Attached Files:

13. manak4u

manak4u Avid Boxer

Every developer has different workarounds of a toll, What I can guess from looking is that they have used a lot of "transform logic".

View tutorials on youtube to understand about it further.