Can Anyone Help Me With Jump ?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by blad300, Oct 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

A world upside down, character must jump when i press "Jump Button", if i press twice nothing to happen, just to jump once.

Download .bbdoc example

How i set it up, "Jump Counter" should be 1, until he touch the ground do not jump anymore, but if i set 1, it jump once .
    The same world but normally it is "Platformer" Sample .

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It seems to be a bug. Please send this bbdoc to support@buildbox.com and tell them about the problem and the difference when you change the jump counter to 1 or 2. They for sure will fix this rather sooner than later. :D

3. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Not sure if its a bug or not, But i think BB gets confused.
    The settings you need to do the jump you want is jump set to 1, and check jump from ground.
    But When you have gravity reversed i think BB doesn't realise that the top is the ground.
    Not sure how it works, i have tried this once before and gave up.
    Not sure on what type of game play your creating but you could use ghost jump to achieve what you want, but then if you are planning a change of gravity then you can't.

4. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

Thank's man,
    I don't know if is a bug or not, but it's not the same principle ?
    The "Jump" it's a jump from anywhere, from down to up,from left to right,from right to left,from top to down.
    The Character should be able to jump from anywhere ( my character jump from anywhere ).
    But, only when is "normal" world its jump once, then until he touch the ground, he doesn't jump.

How BB realize where its the ground ? because the character jumps, but when it's a upside down world he jumps and is not counting the jumps . here is the bug i think.

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

yah...I played with your bbdoc a while... gave me the spock eyebrow.... I would send this into support@buildbox.com like @Christoph suggests and explain no matter how you define jump from ground, jump count, or ground threshold... it's waiting to hit the bottom....

6. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

When it's upside down world, Jump Counter it's "How many jumps you have left" not "How many jumps you can made before touch the ground"