Bullet Trajectory

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by kodagames, Dec 17, 2015.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Bullet Trajectory,

I have a turret that rotates once the player gets near, the turret has a enemy bullet attached to shoot while its rotating but the bullet itself is rotated in the wrong direction depending on which way the turret turned.

How can I fix this so that the bullet comes out straight no matter how the turret is facing?

I've attached a screen shot to better illustrate how its currently working and then how it should work (or how Im hoping it can work).

Attached Files:

2. ajcoryat

ajcoryat Avid Boxer

I've been having the same problem. My only solution was to change the bullet to a round object instead of the elongated one

3. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Thanks @ajcoryat, I guess I'll have to give up my cool rockets, grenades, etc.. for boring circles (BB2 will have particles but probably won't fit my game theme). What to do???

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Ok I thought of a solution that may work. I'll have the turrets stay stationary at a fixed angle then have the enemy bullets shout out at different angles this way at least I get to keep the cool looking bullets and the trade off is losing rotation of the turret but if the game is fast enough hopefully it won't be too noticeable? its a tradeoff but no other choice :)

ajcoryat likes this.
  5. JoeWilson

JoeWilson Avid Boxer

I've been trying to setup a turret so that it rotate when a player is near, however it doesn't seem to work. I have the base of the turret which is fixed. The top turret that turns with a wake up of say 500, I have a angular velocity of -2 slow that it turns slowly. But it never wakes up when the character gets close... I also wanted to have the sleep function have it turn say 50 pixels then stop.. but this doesn't work either.