Buildbox Discord Server

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Coyowl, Nov 4, 2016.

1. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Hello guys,

I was looking for an easy way to communicate with the Buildbox community. I searched the forum for a Skype group or IRC channel and didn't find anything.
    I decided to create a Discord server since other engines are using this service for their communities.
    Everyone is welcome to join and chat about marketing, game mechanics, ask for help or discuss anything builbox! ;)
    Click here to join: https://discord.gg/3vva3ys

Thanks
    Stylianos

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Great idea! I'm not a fan of the chat here on the forum. It just is too tedious.

But unfortunately, I don't think people will use this or do like to use discord or any other platform. At least I don't. It just doesn't make much sense either to leave the forum for a similar purpose. That's probably also the reason nobody has answered or commented here.

Have some members signed up?

3. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

My purpose isn't to replace the forum. It just might be easier to ask a question or have a live conversation. There are 11 people signed in already. Hopefully more will join ;)

4. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Why not start your own IRC channel?

Just joined Discord. Very similar. I hope to see some of you on there :)

5. Coyowl

Coyowl Boxer

Many game engine communities are using discord now and I think its really easy for everyone to join with just clicking a link