Buildbox 3 Release Is Here, But!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by imonedesign, May 23, 2019.

1. imonedesign

imonedesign Boxer

I installed the latest version of Buildbox 3 (Buildbox_3.0.0-3105_5b3568427ef4805bce8e4e1d9d8c0a90.exe) from the email link but I can barely see some new features, there is a lot of nodes with no proper names and icons and a broken assets view! I also can't find the angry birds template and more...

What about you guys? I'm I doing something wrong?

2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

No you are not the release has fallen short of everyone expectations and the hype that was generated by the staff members.

3. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Assets view keeps crashing BB3 for me

4. nizarawi

nizarawi Boxer

me too , some crashs while moving mouse

5. Frank Freeman

Frank Freeman Boxer

Can anyone post a list or a picture of the Nodes that were included in this release? I’ve asked the BB staff for this information several times to no avail. Thanks!

6. appiteca

appiteca Boxer

1- no new templates (where is angry bird template ? stuck template does not work)
    2- no new tutorials (http://help.buildbox.com/buildbox-3-articles)
    3- no new nodes documentation
    4- no new api functions (how change ui label ?)
    5- no particles
    6- no conversion BB2 projects with logic elements (path & transform)
    7- no 2d collision shape editor
    8- no idea when this will be fixed

PunkPuffin likes this.
  7. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

@NikRudenko @TreySmith @Buildbox

I really appreciate what you guys have done, the hours you've put into this product, but I'm starting to lose patience, we've waited for over 6 months and some issues are still not resolved.

Game randomly crashes on android and iOS devices, exported with the FINAL RELEASE.

Same errors as in the beta versions, android debug log:

E/AwareLog: AtomicFileUtils: readFileLines file not exist: android.util.AtomicFile@b10d239
    E/MemoryLeakMonitorManager: MemoryLeakMonitor.jar is not exist!
    E/: [ZeroHung]zrhung_get_config: Get config failed for wp[0x0102]

E/JniHelper: Failed to find static method id of setAnimationInterval
    Failed to find static java method. Class name: org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxRenderer, method name: setAnimationInterval, signature: (F)V

E/PTServicesBridge: PTServicesBridge -- screenOnEnter
    E/AwareLog: eglSlice: report time too small

E/JniHelper: Failed to find static method id of getSDKVersion
    Failed to find static java method. Class name: org/cocos2dx/lib/Cocos2dxHelper, method name: getSDKVersion, signature: ()I
    E/AudioPlayerProvider: Fail to get Android API level!

On iOS xcode debug log:

Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0xbad0bad1)

I've tried on different versions of Android Studio, plus different gradle versions. Same applies with xCode, tried with the version I had installed, then updated to latest version with the same result, thus concluding that the android/xcode software isn't the issue here, it's the exported files from Buildbox. I went as far as wiping everything off the computer, registry, appdata etc, and performed a fresh install of everything.

What are we going to do about this? I've seen other threads with similar issues pointed out.

patostar and Appossible like this.
  8. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

BUT ..................

9. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

BUT ...... I love it and see some progress! :D

rizwanashraf likes this.
  10. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

Hi i want to share my first impressions

I likes these:
    • Object color opacity can be change and make transparent object
    • Light options especially shadow intensity
    • Spot and point light
    • Camera shake
    • Camera fov, zoom in, zoom out (my favorite :)
    • Trailer color is much better

Still missing things:
    • BIG problem is still continue. Games are crash time to time on phone. when game crash you are losing all game data. so player start beginning. this is very big problem. BB3 has to save data when UI change. BB2 save game data when UI change.
    • my last bb3 project doesn't look good on final version
    • Fog is change so i have to fix my fog settings
    • Request review still doesn't work
    • long distance objects are rendering slowly
    • still crash when i change some settings. it crash when i change fog settings

11. APP-STOLZ

APP-STOLZ Boxer

I can only fully agree that there are many mistakes that you can get away from yourself. but that is not a clever solution to deal with faulty things
    man fixes more mistakes than you can develop games :)

but head high the hope dies to last it will probably work one day :)

12. harbime

harbime Boxer

Thanks for this post, it helped me to pull back from purchasing BB3, since already I'm facing problems with the support and the subscription portal where my transaction won't go through.
    I'm getting a growing feeling that BB is a scam.

Appossible likes this.
  13. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

In the new version of BB3 B3105, I can not edit the load start window, I do not have the tabs to enter advertising within "settings", as it could be done in BB ", and change the type of ad for each screen, now just let select "custom".
    You can not convert files created with BB2 to BB3 100%, the mechanics of the game do not appear, and some worlds or menus do not appear the same.
    I would have preferred to wait a little longer until I had a 100% functional version compatible with the different options offered by BB2.

Mancha likes this.
  14. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

BUT....
    Betty bought a bit of butter, But the butter was so bitter, So she bought some better butter, To make the bitter butter better.
    @rizwanashraf @itzonator :p

and regarding BB3 final release importing bb2 project to bb3 hasn't been fixed yet and it crashes all together with a popup.

PunkPuffin and rizwanashraf like this.
  15. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@TheGameAppStudio Well, you bought that butter too :p :D

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  16. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I have already had zoomed in the browser content and your post was like Smashed on my face lol :D haha yes that butter is bitter.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  17. steves

steves Boxer

Is BB 3d still in beta?? Cause even though it says it's the release, why is the video in the release section the old
    beta version of BB?? Why was a new video not made?? I am a bit confussed now.

18. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

This is not a beta. I suppose this is a joke

19. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Yeah, I think it probably is... :)

Sorry, the temptation to say that was just too great and I'm very weak after searching for hours for some user guides on the "Final" release.

The website's not really been worked on to align everything with BB2 and BB3 focus. There are a small number of BB3 videos and guides if you hunt deep enough but they're quite old and only cover a fraction of what we need to know. Often there are videos that are for BB2 but of course it's easy to think they might be BB3 as they're not labelled for one or the other. It's all very confusing.

I will say that I am very excited for this software, bought a javascript book as well for some time when I get into teaching noes, it's going to be incredible when the remaining issues are ironed out and some of the UI experience is tweaked. But I am finding a 3D environment based tool is hard to use compared to BB2 and the 2D mode is not as easy as BB2. So I think there will be an awful lot of adjusting to make it really nice.

I just wish they would have released a flurry of videos and user guides on release day. That would have felt like a proper release then. This feels like another Beta version if I'm honest.

Mancha and imonedesign like this.
  20. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Disappointment is huge... this release is nothing more than a new beta with some glitter here and there.
    Most of the worst issues haven't been solved, most features aren't there yet, most of the annoying bugs are still there but wait! There are a few new ones too! And where's the updated API reference?
    Calling this a final release means to make fun of the users who patiently awaited for a stable release.
    This update is a slap in the face of us users, it makes no sense, it will just increase disappointment.
    You call it beta, it would still be fine to me.
    You call it final, it is a joke to me.

Last edited: May 25, 2019