Beta 5 random crashes on game test

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by tyris_audronis, Apr 8, 2016.

1. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

In this video you can see the crash on the 3rd death of the character:

It started doing this once I changed the default font. I've noticed it does it MORE when the project is not saved before testing. However, it does still do it if you've saved the project.

2. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Weird... found where the bug is. If I UNCHECK "pause current world", it stops crashing.

FerZ likes this.
  3. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

Hey, mine crashes when testing on iphone on the 3rd or 4th death. I did what u did, unchecked the Pause Current World on game over, but the problem continues. Is it still happening to you?

4. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

Yeah, it came back. It's almost like they don't actually delete a world when starting a new one in memory. They stack up, and blamo. I dunno... just a guess.

5. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

It seems that Beta5 has yet some bugs to be fixed. @Andy We cannot revert back to Beta4 right?

6. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

I know I'm not @Andy but if you have it downloaded, you could always install it. Beware though... my Beta 4 project lost all its background elements, and some other things had to be fixed when I went 5. I'll go out on a limb and assume you'll have the same issue if you go from 4 to 6 or if the next version is an RC... you get the point.

7. FerZ

FerZ Boxer

So we'll just wait for the official BB2 release to check if the problem is solved?

8. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

If you have not already please send info on this crash to support@buildbox.com so we can make sure to address this in the final release. Also, there may be a simple work around for the issue to avoid it in the meantime.