Best Bb3 Level Progression Strategy?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by flick, Jan 18, 2019.

1. flick

flick Boxer

Hey guys :)

I have a game based on the newer 2-lane switch template and I've got over 100 levels designed, about to start doing UI and need help with level progression and how to achieve recommended progression?

I'm new to game design in general and of course BB, so keep this in mind.

I have Easy, Medium, Hard and a few bonus and "boss" type levels.

I'd like to have a tutorial-grade intro level played first to teach the game before progressing.

Once those are completed, the easy levels load, once X levels have been completed (specified randomized levels) then some of those levels may be removed from the randomization rotation and then some medium-grade levels load and so on into the hard levels, etc. Possibly loading a boss level between graduation to medium, hard, etc. and bonus played after beating the boss level? - This is my idea. maybe something better works or has be already been systemized?

My needs as far as how to achieve the above strategy or your recommended strategy would include step-by-step if possible. I assume it may include some event viewers and some more advanced logic assets and I am confused on this entire part. If there is any documentation on this section of the software, please link me. I can only find the BB2 manual online, if there is more advanced info on BB3 functions and assets I'd love to see it.

Thank you :)