BB2: screens flow connection

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by shesh, Jan 18, 2016.

1. todro

todro Avid Boxer

Yes, "Back To" seems to be broken somehow but on the other side, Game field or End Scene is correct as these 2 are the world (menu) select screens (at least in my example). Actually it looks like the system adds the menu screens everytime you make some changes somewhere related to the logic components instead of checking that each screen should be listed only once in the "Back To" dropdown. Nevertheles, those 2 take me back to different screens.

What's the reason not to use the menu jump also to return to a specific menu screen (like it's done in the platformer demo in BB2) ? Why do you need an action for this ? I know, if the action type is there, it should work...but besides that ? What am I missing ?

2. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

I actually want to achieve this following result:
    1. menu with x levels/worlds {except the 1st the rest are locked (not seems possible with BB currently)}
    2. one screen level, enter from one side - out at another.
    3. cut scene "good job" tap to proceed >> back to main menu (to select the next level which is now unlocked)

as BB can't do the level-lock, I'm trying the following:
    1. menu with 3 worlds
    2. one screen level, enter from one side - out at another.
    3. out>> jump to level 2 (for some reason the checkpoint doesn't work... it keeps starting the same level, tho' the action is "next checkpoint" and there is a "checkpoint" at level 2, worked fine in BB1)
    4. level 12>>hit menu jump >> back to main

if I want to add the cut-scene "good job" tap to proceed, I need to make each level as a world, and I don't know if BB will handle like 40 worlds.
    so it's not the optimal solution, but it is what possible at the moment,
    and even in this solution, I haven't figured out section 3 yet, which worked smoothly on BB1...

once again, thanks for the effort on helping out.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  3. todro

todro Avid Boxer

There is now a new event type "End Game" for Event Observers in Beta2

4. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

Beside the level-lock issue, which seems not possible currently
    I've managed to create it all, however it does take adding screens to each level
    so let's see how BB2 is handling it when they stack up to 40+ screens...