BB 2.0 Release for Early Access?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ricky_dawn, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

Hi,

I purchased BB a few days ago and started building my first game, so far so good. However I don't really want to carry on with it since BB2 is out soon and it has things that would make my game the way I want it e.g. levels/worlds and stage clear games.

At the moment I am using scenes, and decorations to have different background - BB2 will completely change the way I do this so I feel like am wasting my time continuing making the game in the current version of BB.

Soo my question is, when can we expect to get the early access to BB2? It says it is due for release in January with early access starting a month early - it's December now which is the month before January so it has to be incoming soon hopefully right?

Thanks

Ricky

virtualgamers2000 likes this.
  2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Worst case scenario is that BB2 is set to release January 31st making early access available December 31st.
    So expect Early access to available by the 31st of this month.

3. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

I am also waiting for the early release of BB 2.0 before purchasing a plan but it would be nice to know then the different dates are...

4. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

Yeah, now that Pandora's box has opened up it's tough not to think how to develop a game without the upcoming features... :D

5. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Exactly. I had a conceptual game developed on paper after I saw the release of SKY. Now that BB2 is almost with us and specifically the Teleport and Gatekeeper functions I can crack on. Or at least I will once @SantaTrey has arrived :)

6. Kamil Kucma

Kamil Kucma Boxer

Knowing the date would be awesome (even if it will be delayed again) - just to plan everything ;-)

7. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

esp. for those of us who are on subscription. Every day is $$$ :D

Auslad and buman like this.
  8. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

Yep, it is possible for me to create the game in the current version of BB, and I suck at waiting so I have started a few levels with the hope it's easy to migrate them into BB2.

But I agree, a date would be nice :)

9. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

yes you can. BB2 is going to have full backward compatibility with the projects created with BB 1.X