BB 1.35: Character move on touch / stops on NO touch

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ThoPel, Jan 22, 2016.

1. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

Hi all,

I would like to create a game where the character starts moving on (during) touch and stops if the display isn't touched. Or in other words, mouse button down = move, mouse button up = stop.

I used the avoidance preset and changed game speed min / max = 0. Then I created an action and an action button with action type "gameplay" and game speed min / max = 125 / 500 and speed increase = 1.25.

My problems:
    - The character starts moving after the first click not during the click.
    - The character never stops again.

Any suggestions or ideas?

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I set up my character movement like this(screenshot) but I want my character to move both left and right.

In the GAME FIELD, I created a button left side and one for right side - leaving the middle blank for now.
    Then in the options, changed the Action to Character Movement Right/ and one for Left side. Now, when I press the right arrow key, the character will move in that direction, same for left. It won't move without the key being pressed.
    [​IMG]

ThoPel likes this.
  3. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

@jigglybean Thanks for your reply.

How are the rest of your gameplay settings, could you post a screenshot of the advanced gameplay settings?

4. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

here you go. So in this game, the user has to tap Left or right to move the character. There's no jump.

5. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer