Automatically moving to top and stop when pressed?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by buxdevil, Jan 8, 2016.

1. buxdevil

buxdevil Boxer

Hello, I just downloaded buildbox to check if it's worth buying... And I'm trying to create a simple game, but can't really understand how to make that character would automatically move to top in straight line (like in Color Switch game), and that it would stop moving when pressed. Thank you ;)

2. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

HI, i have created a demo settings for you game for this you have to do the following things:
    1- Gameplay settings as in given SS.
    2- Invisible image which will use as action button.(in SS i have use sound off button sorry for that).
    3-Use invisible image as action and give it settings as shown in SS.
    4- finally place your action button in game field as shown in SS.
    5- Give it a try. ~Good Luck

Attached Files:

Taimoormalik8 likes this.
  3. buxdevil

buxdevil Boxer

Hmm... Well I changed gameplay settings, added a an image as action and set the settings as it is in your picture. Here is what I don't understand:
    1. How to make that action button invisible? or I should've just uploaded blank picture?
    2. I don't understand where to find the settings like in SS with that sound off button.
    3. As I undertand, this would stop the character movement when that button is pressed, but is there any way to make it stop when clicked anywhere on the screen? Or am I wrong?
    Thank you :)

4. Taimoor Javaid

1- Make a 100x100 white image with 1 opacity than import it in buildbox and than in buildbox make the opacity of the same image 0.5 this will make it invisible.
    2- No.2 SS have setting of invisible action(sound off button) button.
    3- just expand your image to the edges as i cover the whole screen than i will work anywhere on the screen .

5. buxdevil

buxdevil Boxer

Well I guess I did something wrong cause stop doesn't work. here are screenshots. (idk why, but I can't upload them with "Upload a File") [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

6. Taimoor Javaid

you have not placed a button under action button.

7. buxdevil

buxdevil Boxer

Well when i place the button under action button from actions i can choose only restart game, pause, coin shop, etc. While I want that character would stop when pressed, and move again when released... Should I connect button to action button somehow? Sorry but i didn't get it yet :D

8. Taimoor Javaid

Open your game field window and just drag and drop a button there from sidebar under controls and select it type lets say character jump thats it.