Are those features possible to make on BB? Help Please!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by zaidalqatami, Apr 23, 2016.

1. zaidalqatami

zaidalqatami Boxer

Good evening everyone, I am new to the app industry. I would like to join BuildBox. I am buying a game from a developer that has developed the game on BuildBox. However, I would like to add the following features alone. Using BuildBox only! I have no programming experience at all! So could you please tell me if it is possible to do add the following features on Buildbox only.

1) Can players watch a video and get coins as a reward. And put once a day limit, so videos could be watched once everyday only.
    2) There are four characters. Is it possible that when someone chooses to play with a specific character, the chosen character gets highlighted.
    3) Is it possible to add sound effect when player dies.
    4) It is a infinite game. So for example when player gets to 100 points I want the background atmosphere changes. For example player starts running and background is beach. After getting to 100 points, the background changes slowly to desert. Then at 200 points the background changes to city. But when player dies the background starts from beach again. Is it possible to achieve that? If its not, then is it possible to achieve same color changing theme as the game "stack".
    5) Is it possible to make a specific character in the game have two lives? So when something hits the character, he doesn't die. He has to be hit twice and then dies.
    6) Is it possible to have power ups, such as shield. So when rocket hits you, you have shield for certain amount of time.
    7) Last but not least, is it possible to make a certain character be for sale for $1 on the game for certain amount of time. For example, xyz character is for sale this week only, after this week the xyz character could no longer be bought.

Just answer yes or no please! If you have got time or know any tutorials/videos for any specific step, how to achieve it. Then that would be amazing!

Thank you so much for your time,
    Best Regards,

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

3. zaidalqatami

zaidalqatami Boxer

What does that mean

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Actually, I believe all of that is possible, but see if some others chime in as well...

5. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

1 -Yes
    2 - Yes by using the scale to increase its size maybe?
    3 -Yes
    4 - No. If you want to change backgrounds, you have to set up the scenes so say Land scene ends at level 10 and Beach starts at level 11. A checkpoint can restart the player anywhere. This can be visible - to the player, or you can use a hidden one using an invisible checkpoint image that the player overlaps.
    5 - Yes. Somewhere on the forum, you can set the health which reflects on players lives
    6 - Yes
    7 - That would be done through a game update. So you add the character, upload, then place them on sale for a short time - then remove the item from the in game store. You can use messages etc to alert players but you would need someone to code that for you in the manifest. So, you could just add an image advertising the item in game yourself.

Video tutorials - check out the Support section of the BB website. Theres a lot of short simple videos there

eyal likes this.
  6. zaidalqatami

zaidalqatami Boxer

Thank you so much for your help Jigglybean! Really appreciate that!
    In that case I will definitely start working on it and checkout the tutorial videos.

jigglybean likes this.
  7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

theres no telling what will be in the official 2.0 release in 3 days. hopefully some cool NEW features and possibilities. so best to start now, make the changes you want and on the ones you cannot, see if official 2.0 now has them able.

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Yes, all of them are possible...

Note for #7: If you no longer want an item to be sold off, just go to itunesconnect and turn the "Cleared to Sale" to "No" -- That is the correct way as if someone already purchased that item, they can still restore them, but new purchases are no longer possible...

Alternative: Set price to highest, so no one wants to buy it -- but that is not that nice if one accidentally purchase that and wants a refund...

jigglybean likes this.