AppReview Video - Converting Resolution

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by trudnai, Nov 21, 2015.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

I have a question with videos for the AppStore. Apple is quite fussy about the format and the size. My initial thought was to record the video once only on iPhone 6 Plus, that gives me a 1080x1920 MOV file, which works great for iPhone 6 Plus (5.5") and surprisingly the same format also accepted for the iPhone 5 too (4"). However, for some reason for iPhone 6 (4.7") iTunesConnect does not accept this video file, even though the aspect ratio is the same, so conversion could be done pretty easy in my opinion.

Anyways, no problem I thought, let's export it with iMovie to that resolution -- that does not let you do that. Ok, then 3rd party video converters... VLC makes up the given 750x1334 resolution as it was 756x1336... Erm.. I have tried few others, some $2-$5 products on AppStore makes the resizing happen, but they also change the video codec or container so that QuickTime and therefore AppStore does not accept them...

So what are you guys using? Final Cut Pro or something similar "shooting the mosquito with a cannon" style software? Or just simply redo the video for the iPhone 6?

Thanks,
    Tamas

2. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer