Apple Tv - "no User Interest In This Platform"

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by gingagaming, May 13, 2019.

?

Would you like guidelines or a tutorial to be created to publish to Apple TV?

1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No not interested

12.5%
  1. gingagaming

gingagaming Boxer

I have today contacted support to see if its finally possible to create games for Apple TV before I make the leap to BuildBox (I am along standing user of another engine right now). And their official response was that "Technically it is supported" but due to "no user interest in this platform" no guidelines to export or publish have been created for users.

So the reason for this post is to see if this is really true, is there no interest amongst you guys to have such documentation created for us to publish to the Apple TV? Please vote and comment below if you would like this documentation creating to help guide us to a new market for our games!

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That is a strange response.
    I know of developers using BB2 that have uploaded to the Apple TV already.

However I would like to see some official documentation.
    Maybe this can be incorporated into BB3.

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I also believe that your game has to be in landscape in order for it to show correctly. So the low interest is because the majority of the games that we create are in portrait. The Buildbox team was suppose to have a fix so that our portrait style games would show correctly on the Apple TV but that never happened.

4. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes I am totally interested I had also got a similar response when I had written to support so I just let it go for now. I guess there is a small coding you need to to do in Xcode in order the controls to work in Apple Tv. Such as Swipes etc in Apple Tv you move between the menus with swipes. But I would definetly would like some documentation on this. In BB you can make games landscape easily in BB2D so that shouldn't be a problem for Apple Tv EXport. I had also tested and exported for Apple Tv before and even transferred the game to Apple Tv but it didn't open up.