Apple Approval Questions?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Alienone, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Just curious, as I know it could take weeks for Apple to approve a game for iTunes, I heard that Apple will contact you with a date when your app will be in iTunes? Is that true... So my questions are...

#1. Do they contact you with a date when the game will be in the app store?
    #2. Has anyone been approved/contacted with a date for there game app to be put in the app store, but there game app was held up and not put in the app store on the date they where told?

MANY Thanks for the info and help, just trying to see how Apple's process works as I have been hearing different things :D

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

You can select the date or can select that the game will be automatically posted in the appstore once approved. It depends on you. Apple never decides anything about the date. Also, Apple's approving times are now between 1-2 days. The only reason it can take longer or you can miss your date is that the game does not get approved for any reason. Like copyright issues, or something that doesn't work or isn't set up right. Stuff like that.

Nihat likes this.
  3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Apples entire process of approving apps has improved tenfold over the past 12 months - long overdue! As @Christoph said, you can now select a release date once your game has been approved - or manually release it. This also applies to updates.

Approval times depends on your game and if there's any problems but average times are from 1-3 days(not including weekends). When sending in your app, its best to give any advice to the tester such as any problems YOU see that may prevent your app being approved. An example would be if you used game art from sites such as graphicriver (post a link).

I made a game a while that was rejected due to the art and 'copyright' - but the art can be purchased from the above website - I sent them the link, and it was then approved.

Nihat likes this.
  4. Alienone

Alienone Boxer

Thank You So Much Christoph and Spicedbeangames

Really appreciate the info :cool::):cool::)