App Preview Rules

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by dmmcmah, Dec 26, 2015.

1. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

Are you allowed to show your app in fast forward in an app preview video for the Apple app store?

I have a game I am working on that is hard but kind of slow paced. I showed a video of it to a friends 12 year old son to see what he thought and the kid liked it but advised me to show the game at 2x fast forward in the preview video.

2. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Hey #dmmcmah! I'm thinking that if I downloaded a game that didn't match the preview video, it might make me want to delete it. If the game needs to be 2x to be interesting, that might be a reason to actually pick up the pace. If what you want to do is show more of the action parts, you can edit the video to show more action instead of simply speeding it up.

ruhm64 likes this.
  3. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I have a question on this. I have a MacBook Pro with a 24 inch screen attached. Apple is very picky about the size. The biggest I can record is 850 X 1028... so am I just screwed here or is there some better program to use than QT? Oh, and my FPS are 42 not 30. Seems like a big issue.

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Is this a MacOS game or iPhone? I suggest to record the screen from the iPhone by QT, I did not have any problem with that. I even reused same video for different devices by converting its aspect ratio with ffmpeg.