An Alternative to Buildbox 2 Upgrade Plan?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by shaunfal, Nov 27, 2015.

1. shaunfal

shaunfal Boxer

Hey guys, I've copy / pasted this from a recent facebook comment I wrote expressing how I feel about the BB2 upgrading plans. Hope it speaks for others and is considered by the Buildbox team.

I agree with what the guys said above since I also purchased the full version for $2645. It bothers me to think I would have saved over $2400 if I did the subscription plan from the start (I've only had my full version of Buildbox for about 3 months). I agree with pushing the subscription model as it's a stronger market and allows more people to access Buildbox. However, I don't agree with the switch over in which current full-time customers must do to get Buildbox 2. I don't see myself paying another $1300 (since I currently can't afford it) and I would feel pretty unhappy moving to the subscription plan feeling like I wasted $2400. I don't mean to sound like a complainer, but I'm just speaking how I feel. However, thinking about it the other day I've thought of a solution I hope you guys may consider.

I purchased Buildbox August 28th 2015, exactly 3 months ago which if I was on the subscription plan would have cost me (up to date) $300, I've paid $2645! So if we subtract $300 from the $2645 we're left with $2345. This would be amazing to use towards my subscription plan giving me about a 2-year subscription. Although this would be the fairest option, I can agree it could be extremely time-consuming having to do it for each customer (depending on the process). So if that can't be done, I would still be happy with a 1-year free subscription which would at least save me $1200. A similar amount to what I would "save" if I purchase BuildBox 2 with the 50% discount.

To summarize the paragraph above the main question would be "can current full-time customers have an option of upgrading to Buildbox 2 with a 1-year free subscription?". I know it'll make other Buildbox customers happy and I see it as a fair deal for both sides. Again, I don't mean to come on aggressive in any way but only expressing how I feel as a customer. Love the things you guys are doing and will always be in support of it! Excited to see what's in stock for BB2!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  2. ricky_dawn

ricky_dawn Boxer

I understand how you feel, however, you / we were willing to buy the product in it's current state, at the time of purchase we didn't even know buildbox 2 was on the horizon. BB are good for even giving a discount.

A new iPhone comes out every 6 months or so, but Apple do not give discounts to people who brought the previous model.

3. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Now any full license customer who purchased Buildbox 1.0 can upgrade to a subscription
    and receive 50% off their first year. This lowers the upgrade price to $49 per month for the
    first 12 months or $499 for the first year

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.