Advanced Moves Not Working When Exported To Iphone

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Solvash, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Solvash

Solvash Boxer

It's as the thread title says, an advanced move I have in my game is simply not being activated when the game is exported to an iPhone. I don't know if this is an iPhone only issue though, since I haven't exported it onto an Android yet.

I simply have an advanced move set to replace a character's linear velocity upon collision with an asset to make it seem like the character got a boost up. But, for whatever reason, when the game is exported to the iPhone it just doesn't activate.

Is there something I'm missing here between playing on the Buildbox preview vs the phone?

Edit: I'm using Buildbox 2.2.5

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Do you have a UI control that triggers the advance move and not just a keyboard trigger?

I would send an example BBDOC to support@buildbox.com. There could be several reasons that it's not working. Some are configuration issues, some could be possible bugs. It's impossible to tell without more info.

3. Solvash

Solvash Boxer

No, I have it set so that it should activate automatically whenever it the character touches the specific asset/object on the screen. Does it have to be linked to a UI trigger?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

All controls are added in the UI, we don't have any controls that work on direct touching of any specific game field object (including the character).

EDIT: Arg... I think I partly mis-read your post. But I'm still having trouble understanding how you don't need some control on the UI.

5. Solvash

Solvash Boxer

Huh... I must have misunderstood the function or capabilities of Advanced Moves then. Because here's a screenshot of the Advaned Move settings I have placed on my character: https://puu.sh/szWXE/1c25891038.png

I have no UI control linked to it. I thought when I set the 'Event' setting to collision that the Advanced Move is supposed to automatically activate. Which it does, perfectly, whenever I preview it on my computer. The Advanced Move only activates upon collision with the specific 'Pillows' asset.

6. Solvash

Solvash Boxer

Okay, my friend and I just created an APK to install it on one of our Android phones. It turns out that it works perfectly fine, as far we can tell right now, on Android. So... I'm not entirely sure why it isn't working on iPhone at this point.

7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Send an email to support@buildbox.com and we can get into the details of the issue. Please include sample BBDOC so we can try to reproduce the issue.