Advanced Movement Multiply Wrong?

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by trudnai, Aug 17, 2016.

1. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey Guys,

I wanted to achieve similar stuff as Wall Reverse, so that character changes direction whenever touches the wall. However, I wanted to do that by multiplying the current velocity by -1 instead of replacing it by a constant. This way even if I hit the wall from the other side it will still do the reversing, no need double sided walls...

However, if I do this as soon as character touches the wall it will stuck and bouncing couple of pixels left and right very quickly, never leaving the spot. I guess because for some reason collision happens again and again and again with the same wall, but I am not sure why? When first collision occurs it should just change direction and start moving backwards, it should never collide again until "untouched" the wall.

Does it behaves the same for you guys? Is this a bug, feature or a "user error"?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I am getting the same results... -1 multiply on collision should bounce the toon off the wall... from one direction it just stops, from the other, it does the 1 pixel dance...

2.2.4... will mention in beta thread

3. jayloh90

jayloh90 Boxer

Is this Problem Still Persisting?!