Adding Admob Ads to Games

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by garga, Apr 12, 2016.

1. garga

garga Boxer

Hi guys,

I have been one of the people frustrated of how to add admob ads to game, there are several steps, any of them missing will cause the ads not working.

Here are the steps I followed and worked: (buildbox version 2.0)

A: In "Advertisement" Page, set the following:

Add Admob in the priority list and also add the ids in the admob space under Google Play Store
    [​IMG]

B: Place your admob ad unit id:

To get the ad unit id, you will need to visit https://www.google.com/admob/ , register an account and create new app to get it

C: Go to menu editor and choose Game Field / Game Over Screen by 1-click, inside you will see the following, and choose "Admob" for Ad Interstitial / Ad Banner:

[​IMG]

D: Export the App!

Still not working? Yes, in buildbox tool you will not see ad, you will need to export it to Eclipse and press run to see the ads

Note:

-> You don't have to follow google instructions in Admob that requires downloading and adding GoogleAds.framework, build box has pre-built all this for us.
    -> The above screenshots are taken from another post in buildbox forum.

satyam and Ishamahes like this.
  2. Ishamahes

Ishamahes Avid Boxer

Hi, @garga, I had done the steps like you, It shows ads for me. I don't know why it does not work for you :(

Sorry for unable to help.

3. codebreakers

codebreakers Boxer

It took me a week before i got it. my steps:
    Go to settings, then advertising, select ios or android etc FIRST, then paste in ADD UNIT ID [i was pasting in publisher id] it will look like [ca-app-pub-7001000157892680/1103759658].
    Once done, Click add to priority at bottom. i use admob BANNERS not interstitial. so i add ADMOB to banners section.
    Then after that, hit the MENU EDITOR at top left now you see all you game menus and levels etc. click each one, ONE time. dont double click them. After clicking once on EACH MENU, [game UI for example] AT top right you will see AD BANNER or interstitial. i click ad banner, and chose admob. then go to next menus, repeat. you literally have to add admob to each and every screen in your game. info screen, game over etc. this is where i went wrong. i thought adding into settings was all you did lol. the second mistake i made was the actual code itself. i kept putting pub id...pub-7001000157892680.....then i tried ad unit id but wrong, ca-app-pub-7001000157892680. with no / number at end, eventually i figured out to put the entire thing, with ca-app-pub xxxxx and even the / xxxxxx. so the entire thing needs to go in settings. ca-app-pub-7001000157892680/1103759658.

If you did all of that and still nothing, make sure all of your admob account is setup right. bank etc. confirm everything. and if even then it doesnt, try turning off airplane mode on your device. or make sure its not on. irrelevant if you have service or not. some have this issue. i dont. my note 3 and note pro 12.2 tablet both have airplane mode on and ads still show. most times ads take within 3 to 10 seconds to load. try menu hopping a bit.

andredarugna likes this.
  4. oppongstudios

oppongstudios Boxer

MY PROBLEM, WAS THAT THE PHONE I WAS USING WAS IN AIRPLANE MODE, EVEN THOUGH WIFI WAS ON, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!

5. andredarugna

andredarugna Boxer

WOW, thank you bro. Helped a lot. I was not selecting the banners on menu/levels screen.

6. harishkumar8

harishkumar8 Boxer

HI . I have tried to use admob intersitial and banner to my game. I did it so. But when i play the game the ads does not show up. I generated the app using eclipse. On eclipse , the admob codes already there. But it doesn't show up. Please help Me !!!!

AppNasty likes this.
  7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Update to latest Buildbox 2.3.3. Problem solved.

8. Tyrese7691

Tyrese7691 Boxer

Hi, anyway to do this in bb3d?

9. shizukana

shizukana Boxer

Hi,

The ads show in my app, but banner ads became huge and full screen.
    I set Banner and Interstitial in UI section. When I tried play in the actual app, the ads keep appear on the full screen size after I click start button to play the next world. so technically I couldn't play the next level because the ads keep showing in full screen size.

Anyone have solution?