Add my device to Google AdMob testDevices

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Gregory Storm, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I'm getting serverd real ads when testing my game. This is not good as an accidental tap is a violation of the Google AdMob TOS and could get your account suspended. I need to add my device to the request.testDevices. Where does BB1 call the Google AdMob code so I can add request.testDevices?

Oh, and the answer of "it's fine to get real ads and it won't be an issue" is not the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks.

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

3. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Thanks for the link but I'm building the iOS version. I'm not asking what the ID is, I'm asking where does it go? I've done a lot of Cocos2d-x projects and they typically have .cpp files, but it seems like BB1 outputs mostly .xml files. So where does the ID go?

4. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You put the sample IDs (for banner and interstitial) into the Buildbox "Project Settings -> Advertising" window. It does not matter if it is iOS or Android... those sample IDs will show test ads. No need to do anything else.

5. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

@Andy I don't know if I'm following you. You're saying to ship the game with sample IDs?

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Ah, I thought you were asking strictly about testing the game with test ads. I see now that you are wanting the production game to consider your device as a test device. I don't think what you are asking is possible with Buildbox via iOS at the moment. It will require some further research.