Add A 3 To 1 Countdown After Reward Video?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Jaky1, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

I want to add a 3.2.1 countdown when the player revives himself after watching a video ad. When the ad ends they click the cross or whatever and then a 3 to 1 countdown an then the game starts...

@Christoph @heathclose @trudnai @playsgames6666 @kodagames & all Any Help would be appreciated as this is really necessary...

Thanks in advance

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm cool with you asking that many questions, but A) you should really research a little more and B) open the question to anyone. It feels not okay to tag us constantly. We are not here to serve you but we rather are an open community helping each other out. Hope you understand and I just had to get that out.

Regarding your question. You can do this animating labels in a UI with transparency. Use the Open animation for it so it won't loop. Pretty easy actually.

3. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph I am sorry if I disturbed you.. I will make sure not to bother u again :)... I do so because I see u guys as experts and expect some great answers that will solve my problem...

I understand it is an open community and I respect that. I did researched but can't find anything
    Furthermore It is open to all I have not limited it...

Thanks for your answer but I am afraid that doesn't work like that... You see when the ad ends them there is no UI it just restart the checkpoint.... I guess this is not possible in BB.

4. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

blackswan and jcalle like this.
  5. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
    jcalle likes this.
  6. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

7. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Thanks mate...Really helpful..Cheers

anngelinoo likes this.
  8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@anngelinoo Thanks but I am still not able to do it..

Basically what I need is not in these videos..

I want to:

A countdown or Tap to start the CHECKPOINT...Means the secind life you get after you watch an ad.
    Now to watch an ad you will have to make the button a purchase button which shows an ad, and you cannot connect the purchase button to another UI which will have tap to start from the time you died..

So if there is anyway to do that..

Thanks!

9. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

What type of game play you got going on? i might have an idea.

10. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Jumping Upwards on tap..Is this what you asked?

11. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

So after you watch an add you return to game field, and there you want tap to start?

Jaky1 likes this.
  12. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

Good, I'm sorry if your answer is not in these videos, but I brought the idea countdown and here is the decision everyone how and what to do with it further, it is up to the user to decide on what they want, need, will use this form of countdown can be used in many stuff. better understood if we all do exactly tutorials for each, which would be pleased contribution and put the idea into play.

Jaky1 and Christoph like this.
  13. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@playsgames6666 exactly..!

I want tap to start because if not the video ends and when the video removes the player automatically falls and dies before you can control it.. It happens in a second that you can't do anything..

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

There is always an UI. If there is no UI how would you move your character?

Update: And regarding your character falling right away, why don't you put an action at the same spot you placed your character. Something that takes away gravity for 1 second. So the player has the time to see the countdown and when it says GO! the action finishes and the player needs to tap immediately.

15. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph can you explain how can i d9 that with action removing the gravity for like 2 sec?

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Just place it exactly where your character appears in the checkpoint. So when the world starts the character picks it up immediately. Make the duration 2 seconds. That's it. No hidden magic. You could also put an invisible platform so the character is on top of it. Color Switch has that for example...

Jaky1 likes this.
  17. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph If I put an Invisible platform (I tried it) Then when the character moves up and reaches the point where there is the platform in every scene with the checkpoint, then it collides and can't move up.

Also the action Duration Doesn't do anything!

18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Put the invisible platform where your character appears. Make it so that you can go through it from the bottom (this option is in the collision shape). Then ad another platform on top, as well invisible, half way on top of the jump distance the character travels. Make this one decoration so it won't affect the character in no way. Add a linear velocity of -200 to the left or right or bottom. Add a wake up component and set it to wake up on contact. Then link the decoration platform to the real platform. This way, when you first jump or go through the checkpoint it will move the platform with the first jump away and your character will fall and die. It will look like if the character is frozen until you start tapping but once you started you have to move forward to not die.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  19. anngelinoo

anngelinoo Avid Boxer

You can try this method and introduces the game, a mini gameplay

20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@Christoph Thank you so much man..I will try it and I feel like it will work.

@anngelinoo Thank you!

anngelinoo likes this.