Able To Modify Character Speed When Go Against A Non-vertical Wall?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by play2chill, Mar 28, 2018.

1. play2chill

play2chill Boxer

Hi Buildbox community,

I am working on a game I'm running into the following issue:

I have platform (like a wall) that is not always vertical as it might some degree of rotation between the y-axis.My character (a ball) is can be move left and right and have a vertical velocity as well (like the GLTCH demo in the build your game series). Although I have set the platform friction to 0 for the character, the character's speed slows down when it is going against a wall that is more than 90 degrees. I would like to have a transform logic kind of thing to modify the speed of my character so that even when going against the wall with a certain degree, but it seems like transform logic is not available to characters.

What should I do to make sure my character can go at constant vertical speed when even attaching to the wall? Is there a way to disable force that the platform is acting towards the character for a particular direction? Or is there a transform logic equivalent item for characters so that I can modify the character's speed when it encounters certain walls with certain degrees?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Attached Files: