A Single Leaderboard For All Devices.

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Ibrahim Burak Cetinkaya, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Ibrahim Burak Cetinkaya

Ibrahim Burak Cetinkaya Boxer

Hello, I made a game.
    I want people to compete with each other.
    So how can I make a leaderboard that is reset every day?
    Anyone using iOS and Android should be able to see a "common leaderboard".
    Thus, at the end of the day, they can see the person with the highest score on the common screen.
    How do I make such a leaderboard and make people appear with their names?

Oscar Martinez likes this.
  2. Oscar Martinez

Oscar Martinez Boxer

Hello, I have asked the same question in another thread, but at the moment I do not see that anyone knows it ...

3. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

You can create result tables at any time on the platform you publish. As for the idea and operation of such a result table, you should contact Apple and Android directly. Presumably you will need to ask about changes on that platforms.:):):)

4. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

if you want a leaderboard that is capable of displaying data from all devices, Android and IOS, then you are going to have to create it or if available find a service offering such a thing.

What you are looking for is a hosting service that you would interface to, which is going to take some coding in your part once you export from Buildbox, you wont be able to do it within Buildbox. The interface to connect to a server isn’t that difficult to do, but sending the data in the background as the game runs could be tricky and could effect performance.

If you want to do it yourself you will need a server, with a custom layout that is capable of accepting the data you send it and display it properly.

Ask yourself, why is this something you rarely see in games today? Because it is not an easy thing to accomplish and to maintain.