Well it was fun for a bit

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ruhm64, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Should subscribers have a better cover on documentation?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I just want to pass along that I will be leaving here shortly. I can't make the cut. It is time to call it quits I believe. Android hates me and BB1. To contact support, like 1 guy, takes a bit too long for my liking. I wish there was much more, in-depth documentation on this for paid subscribers but there is not. It was fun while it lasted, if I could get things to work.

I had paid for Windows, Amazon, Apple and Android developer programs. I have had absolutely no luck with Windows, when I asked. Apple is the best way to go but it is not as fast acting as Google Dev. Waiting is not always a bad thing for your completed, fully functioning app.

Thanks for the help everyone, I will most likely not be posting after this. Thanks to @sysads @playsgames6666 @Machine Rises for all the help. Much appreciated!

@TreySmith I hope it all goes good for your company in the future.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@ruhm64 WHAT :eek: You are leaving me behind :(

You going NOWHERE - We are a FAMILY

upload_2016-1-6_19-22-12.png

So tell me what has changed?

3. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I'm sorry. I have dumped more than enough money into this and could have had it built for the price. I am just not getting anywhere with these problems and the layout and then BB2... I am just done with it.

4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

You got BB 2.0 coming out next week, don't you want to at least see it?

You're on a sub, so you get early access. Why not at least see what it has to offer?

Watch these videos in the mean time...

https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/gwon-game-without-name.1266/

I made the game (start to published (today)) in exactly ten days.

Watch the videos and maybe you'll think of something to come up with.

Either way, good luck to your future.

5. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

- So tell me, what the issues are?
    - if you have invested in bb v1, then you need to get value for your money.
    - have you released any game yet?
    - are you working on any game and having trouble with it?

6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

There are ready-made BB games which you can buy for less than $50, learn their mechanics used and make it your own within 24hrs. Don't bother looking for fanciful graphics yet, just start with $5 - $10 graphics in http://graphicriver.net/ and take it from there.

Trust me, the moment you launch your first game, you get this extra feeling that comes into you, then you get energetic, then you hit the chart, you become famous, become a celebrity :D

netkomm and pfg215 like this.
  7. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

- I am tired of losing money.
    - I have 2 games released, first was the Baddie Hunt In Space which is a horrible genre. I did a bouncer second, 99 cents, I hate ads - No sales on Android market. Third is all set but Eclipse decided to be a POS and not do anything, tried and tried and went through some stack overflow and google developer help steps only to completely jack up Eclipse Juno. I can't even import Android coded stuff like I originally did. I am so frustrated with that. Not to mention the leaderboards and achievements - WHO KNOWS IF THEY EVEN WORK!! LOL
    Also, the Windows export is really nice to have on BB but it does not work right. Now sounds and some menu parts missing. Like is it just me?? Am I completely stupid? No, that is not it.
    - Yes, my Android release for High Contrast Bounce is totally jacked. It gets to 97% loading and just Unfortunately, ________ has stopped.

@GTE Games The second game I did, Shapeland Bounce, was started, finished and submitted within 24 hours. I have made some updates and added more scenes. And thanks, good luck to you as well.

8. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

If that were only the truth. I was pumping out apps when iOS first opened their market to developers. I put out the 3rd highest amount of apps in a year. I had crap for apps compared to this and had 25,000+ downloads by fall of 2009.

9. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Dem :eek: your bank account must be overflowing...

ruhm64 likes this.
  10. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

That's an asset issue - too many images or too many large images in your game. I had the same issue with a game that worked fined on an iPhone 6s Plus but did exactly what you describe on a first generation iPad mini. I shrunk my graphics down and replaced the images in BB and got rid of a few images I wasn't using anymore and then it worked.

11. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

That isn't the issue. I have a flat, black background in the back. Biggest image. And if I can't use a background of 350kb, why bother designing.

12. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

HA! That was before in-app ads and a lot were free. I just wanted to be the most apps maker. 3rd was good enough. I made it to #1 in games with my air hockey app. That made me a huge $1,200. LOL

13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Trey smith game Line Zen alone with lots of scenes made the headlines and cash, so I think you can do even better. Look at Trey's line zen game and make something out of it. @TreySmith hope you won't mind :D

14. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I can't replicate their games. They report it and the store knocks it off.

15. sappz

sappz Guest

Well at least you are lucky enough to try and release a game. I worked on a game during the trial period and contacted several publishers and got a deal with a pretty good one. Now since I want to release our game after the trial period, tried to purchase the software but the card is getting rejected on their subscription page. And when I offered to use an alternative for the payment, the buildbox support said that they are not allowed to do that.

I know that the support team is just following their instructions, but the management should take a step forward and try to help their customers, since a similar kind of problem happened to a person I know with GameSalad, and the CEO there stepped forward and used an alternative to provide him the payment solution.

And I really wanted to try BB 2.0.

Anyways, good luck in your journey ahead @ruhm64

ruhm64 likes this.
  16. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

@sappz which publisher did you use and what is the game name?

17. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I had been waiting for a solid idea like Buildbox. I was into RPG maker and Unity and hard coding. Just took a whole lot longer than BB. I like it but it just isn't polished enough. Nor is there enough documentation or troubleshooting. It is just email support@buildbox.com which isn't my thing. Maybe if they hired me for support and taught me all this stuff it would be better. I would work for cheap @TreySmith.

sappz likes this.
  18. sappz

sappz Guest

@sysads Appsolute Games is the publisher, but I can't give out the name yet as the trailer is pending, since now I think it might not be possible for me to release it anymore due to the failed subscription. But if somehow, BB manages to get my account subscribed/find a payment solution, I'll surely invite you for beta testing. :)

19. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

That really sucks.

20. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@sappz You should try to talk to Natalie in support. My card had expired and she sent me a link to update my info.

ruhm64 likes this.