Buildbox 3.0 Beta4

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by NikRudenko, Nov 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

still no Character Select options.

2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Of course, you can't avoid coding but that also doesn't mean you leave your entire foundation and customers that don't know how to code in the dust. Also, that is fine that Buildbox starts to cater to adding in the coding addition to expand upon games and for people that know to code, but that should not come at the price of making it harder for your core customer base that was here before BB3 and coding. That is like introducing a new dog to your current dog and they don't like each other so you kick the current dog outside while the new cute one stays inside. It's just messed up.

Also, I wouldn't say it is easier to use than Unity, but that is just personal preference and I have been using Unity for 5+ years, which is the main reason I explored buildbox. I use Unity professionally and found out about this codeless engine that helps make games quicker and easier, which is awesome for when I want to actually take a break from programming, but so far that has been far from the case.

3. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

For me i have only been using build box for 2 months and the main reason why i started was the support for more platforms and the 3d component, i have been a gamesalad developer for about 4 years before i found buildbox because it found it had more support for more things and sdks gamesalad was pretty locked down on that. There was also construct 3 for a year.

I agree if people are up for the non code way that buildbox 2 does then I understand, but i am sure they will add that back in if there is a demand for it.

4. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Thanks Man. It's a complete BB3 experimental game. I haven't checked in iPhoneX and XS, what black bar you seeing. Can you PM the screenshot? Meanwhile, I am working on a completely new version with BB3's path feature. I may remove the existing game. We will continue black bars issue in PM.

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I want to assure everyone that, yes at the moment it is harder to use without coding but you will be able to do everything that you could in BB2. Its just going to work in a different way. If you want to do something then you just connect nodes to each other rather than having to add an advances move. It may be new but it is far easier and makes it so that if you have something that isn't working, we can fix it right then and there. This is much better then anyone having to wait for the next patch.

6. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

yep
    here is what it looks like on my iPhone XS Max

[​IMG]

https://imgur.com/16g9QHK

I recommend just reexporting it in BB 3 beta 4.

particles likes this.
  7. particles

particles Avid Boxer

Thank you. I will try by reexporting in beta 4.

8. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Every user has different priorities for sure. Me being a coder, I think they have provided what I need except for the ability to work with publisher SDK needs and for others they want less coding and more nodes. I get it for sure, everyone has their own needs.

9. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Thanks Josh, I just wanted to make sure this is still happening!

10. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

Yep, I noticed that. Seems like the fix was to just remove the ability completely.

11. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

I really hope the Buildbox 3.0 has really good starting nodes for Enemies and Characters. The great thing about BB 1.0 and 2.0 was the really important stuff was already created (Idle, run, jump, death, shoot etc) that it made it easy for anyone to just jump in and make a quick game. I really feel that the basic have been glossed over (and I understand that more nodes are coming in the future). But why leave them out in the beta and make everyone look everywhere, when Buildbox 2.0 had it ready to go? How can we really have a beta without being able to do what we are used to doing in your previous software? Imagine if photoshop changed this much?

MAC420 likes this.
  12. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

This all sounds good but the question is WHEN? If BB3 is on target to be released next month will these new nodes be ready by then? or will we continue to have to wait until who knows when? We are currently dead in the water and paying for BB2 that is at end of life and to be beta testers for BB3

13. Buildbox

Buildbox Administrator

Hi everyone, this was our first release with 2D in 3.0. As you have probably noticed in the past, our first release is always a little more complicated because the focus is on core structure over usability.

Keep your feedback coming. We are planning to make things much easier for the final release (based on your feedback) by adding nodes and smart assets. We can, of course, continue working on this indefinitely, and have no plans in alienating our customers that want the simplest way to create games.

Tom King likes this.
  14. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

I need these :

1 - Progress bar (Limited to distance in Beta 4 and I can't use it with points or coins. For example when I am reaching points, distance or collect action my progress bar is increasing til total level and in the final i have redirected to another level)
    2 - Save progress and restart progress options in the game
    3 - Enemies that can follow a path or simple collide with something and change directions, size, velocity and etc like in BB2.
    4 - Animations with FBX and a better system to use textures on objects
    5 - Touch control like FPS game where i have phisycal buttons on the screen to intercept with scene and create a game like an apartment tour. (I want to sell it for some customers)

15. tributorock

tributorock Avid Boxer

Today if i have everything that i have in BB2 but just both in 2D and 3D in BB3 i was happy, of course that with some adds like progress bar and etc...

16. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Hi, I am just wondering if the Game Center is working yet @NikRudenko thanks for all the hard work:)

17. thatguyminib

Well to be honest you guys need the ease of use to be nailed down by release so I would either delay release or focus on that 100 percent if you still plan on releasing in December.

Picture this: A bunch of people see your new ad for BB3 they research learn it's a engine that helps non coders make great games without any coding. They purchase BB3 and all of them get frustrated off the bat because it is not easy to use.

Wouldn't look good for a release to be so far away from the core value of BB tbh.

18. thatguyminib

To be honest, and this is just my opinion but if you are a coder why don't you use an engine that is already established?

19. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Buildbox will still have its easy to use nature. This is the beta, the focus was to get the core operational. The best thing about this new version is that once the core is complete, everything else would just start flowing into place.

20. Codifie

Codifie Avid Boxer

I use Unity as well, and use a lot of Swift and C#.
    Buildbox though is by far the most efficient way of creating specific type games, much more efficient than Unity.

particles and VectologyGames like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.