Secret Game Confessions

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by AppNasty, Feb 10, 2018.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

So, I told a few tales on twitter and got a bunch of PMs requesting more stories. So i decided to start this thread so we all can confess. lol. Some are dark....some are funny....some are OMG moments. Do you have a secret game confession? Maybe a game you enjoy that you're embarrassed of? Or maybe something you did while playing online that's messed up? Here is some of mine over the years. Some cool...some will damage your opinion of me lol.

[Note] OneHitGamer originally was a game hacking website. I taught people how to create their own cheat codes and game modifications using GameShark, CheatEngine, Codebreaker etc. It was always a way for me to feel like i was in game design BEFORE i actually got into real game design lol.

1. I use to make codes for psx games that i called "Black Codes", these coes would mess with a games visuals, increasing chances of seizures. I released soooo many black codes online and have always wondered if i ever where responsible of someone dying or having an actual seizure. These codes i tested on myself and they would cause motion sickness rather quickly. However, the codes where sooo attractive you just wanted to keep staring. Sorry to anyone that had seizures. lol

2. When Metal Gear Solid for PSX was about to release, Konami had a press meeting about the game. They where asked "What weapons and items will be in the game?" and Konami's response was "You will have to buy the game to find out" Soon after, i hacked the Pizza Hut demo that contained the game and unlocked every item and weapon. Released it online and spoiled it for everyone. [OneHitGamer back then had 350k forum members and millions of views across many gaming networks, gamespot, ign boards etc, so the news spread quickly.] Sorry, not sorry.

3. Finally a cool one, Back when i was a teen, I created a gameshark code for Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 on psx i called "Play as a skateboard", The official tony hawk .com website posted my gameshark codes [they didnt credit me so i rage emailed them and they finally added my alias as credit "Sketch'] You played as a skateboard as the player was removed. Was way cool. It became so popular that they turned it into an official cheat in THPS 4, and some of the GBA games. Yay me!

4. One time i got a lawsuit threat from Sega for creating hacks for their game Phantasy Star Online. I was always against online hacking but people would convert the codes to work online. So i just changed my online name and info and ketp making codes lol. Sorry not sorry.

5. Speaking of lawsuit threats, back when World of Warcraft first came out, I would make tutorials showing people how to make private servers. Got an email from their lawyers threatening to sue. Again, changed my online info and kept going. lol God i was so bad back then lol.

6. One of my favorite things to do is hack demos. Especially back when demos where just that, demos. Not the full game LOCKED, but early versions of unfinished games released for people to TEST the game before releasing or buying. One time i scared myself half to death when hacking Metal Gear Solid....I was messing with the Darpa Chiefs animations in the jail cell. As i messed with his movements, he suddenly shot off through the wall. I already made a walk through walls hack so i gave chase. Out in no mans land...outside the level...its all black and nothingness. Eventually, i ran back to the jail cell. The Darpa Chief was standing out side of the jail cell in a permanent soldiers salute stance. The way his body moved was like a creature form Silent Hill lol.

7. When i was 18 i was getting paid by Empire Interactive [Original makers of FlatOut racing series, EJay music series software] I would hack their games online and report back to them so they could patch it. Little did they know i was re-hacking the same hacks and releasing them online for people to use, without reporting the re-hacks. Would release Trainers for PC. Sorry not sorry. lol

8. One time when playing Battlefield 1942 online, I was heading for a helicopter [was using the Desert Combat mod] Suddenly another player ran in front of me heading for same heli. Guy was on my team. Now i KNOW he seen me heading for it as he came from behind me. I started shooting at his feet in effort to say "bro, i was aiming for the heli first, what are you doing!?" he kept slowing down and turning around to look at me while running backwards. Out of no where, from the right side of my screen, someone crashed a Jet and it was sliding across the land. It suddenly wiped him off my scree....i then ran to the heli. Sorry not sorry...lol.

9. Again, back in my game hacking days, i use to take PSX demos and unlock things within them. Unlocked every level in THPS 2 demo. All but 1 characters. Mr Driller, unlocked full game. On a PSM demo. Eventually got cease and desist letters but back then they viewed it as "you owned the disc, you can make cheats if you want." sorry NNNOOOTTTT sorry.

10. I co created the PSP cheat plugin, CheatMaster, which evolved into NitePR, CheatMaster Fusion and a sleuth of many other plugins. Still today is the only PSP plugin i use to create codes for PSP games....as a hobby.

11. I made a nue code for Monster Hunter psp games that i never released. Thinking of finishing it up and releasing them since PSP is dead. lolol.

12. Guilty Game Confession. Stayed the night at a kid i just met's house. He kept whooping my arse in Gran Turismo 2. He had spent many months playing and earned millions of dollars an upgraded all his cars. So that night when he went to sleep, I hacked his game and emptied his bank. hacked all hsi cars speed to 1 MPH max. Next day he was flipping out...."I dunno what happened man......must be a corrupt save file." i said. lololol #Naughty

13. Proud Game Confession - back 19 years ago, the Japanese crowd werent really into game hacking. But because OHG got a lot of attention before i gave the site away, I ended up getting an interview for a Japanese gaming magazine. Never knew which issue it was in....tried to find it but its all in Japanese lol. Thought of contacting them and asking. Maybe someone speaks enough English and would take the time to find a 19 year old issue. Forget the name of the mag...started with a K. Like Kotanu or something. Once i remember i will email them asking to find it. lol Felt special....

14. most of my non-controversial gameshark codes landed in the official gameshark magazine sold in walmart and other stores. Asa kid this was exciting to achieve.

Ok, thats enough for now. Any cool or honorific game confessions from you guys?

2. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

I got sued by King.com :p but they didn't manage to find me... LOL

AppNasty likes this.
  3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Dare i ask what you did to get sued? lol

4. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

I secretly troll the Buildbox forums.

Rebel Studios and AppNasty like this.
  5. everchangeapps

everchangeapps Boxer

I have been in an ongoing battle with Mojang/minecraft over my quiz craft game, They are upset anytime i do anything with it, but it falls under the guides/trivia clause for copyrights. It is only used to enhance ones experience in their game not compete with it. But me and kevin lowry over there have become well acquainted over the years lol. He sends me a complaint with 1-5 things. i fix 2 of them and tell him the other 3 don't apply and he seems to dissappear for a while. The amount of cases he opened with Apple might be why i now have a hard time submitting anything that remotely resembles minecraft lol.

AppNasty likes this.
  6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Wow. i went through a similar thing about 5 years ago with a minecraft mod tutorial app i made. I was making $2000 a month off it for awhile and kept getting warnings from google. I was legal.....but i forgot ONE thing, which ultimately lead it to being removed. As i was a n00b, and i noticed other apps did this....i thought it was ok....my mistake? In one of the pages of the app i used the original Minecraft logo. BAM, copyright strike. On a side note, Ive ONLY had success with information apps. Never games. Minecraft app an How To Draw App. Never had to advertise or anything. Info apps, if covering the right subject, seem to always take off organically.

8. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Coz of the ASO that we did for our apps... ou developer acct was Candy Crushing Games... our games were pet dog rescue saga, pets kitty rescue saga... mostly loads of king.com's games... & guess what... we totally rocked with regards to getting downloads for crappy games... LMAO

AppNasty likes this.
  9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

lol. I got banned once for using the actual Pokemon logo in an app. Everyone else was doing it so.......lol

Rebel Studios likes this.
  10. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Ain't we all violators at one point :p LMAO!!

AppNasty likes this.
  11. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

With good intentions tho lolol. I was a n00b so.....

12. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

That ain't no noob :p That's a pro at work pretending to be a noob... LMAO

AppNasty likes this.
  13. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

I secretly am Trey Smith

14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

15. Lazarus

Lazarus Boxer

Right, very funny LOL.

Rebel Studios and AppNasty like this.
  16. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Okay. People might HATE me for this.

I made a tide pod game early January.
    [​IMG]
    I deleted it after 2 days because of shame. hahaha

AppNasty and adrogdesigns like this.
  17. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Turns out you will get cease and desist letters via Apple from soccer club lawyers if use official team logo's from the English Premier League in Apps. Who knew :)

AppNasty likes this.
  18. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

I played FarmVille. Sorry :rolleyes:

AppNasty likes this.
  19. Lazarus

Lazarus Boxer

Omg the tide pods game.. what was it like? XD

AppNasty and DariusGuerrero like this.
  20. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Incredibly juicy-looking TIde pods are falling from the sky. Your character is a mouth that yearns for its succulent detergent taste. Fight against your instincts and appetite by moving the mouth away from the Tide Pods. When you lose, a bunch of PSAs come out haha.

I think it would have gotten some downloads but I didn't want to be known for that hahaha

AppNasty likes this.