Gameplay Like Amazing Brick Or Flappy Bird

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by SuperSkunk, Oct 14, 2016.

1. SuperSkunk

SuperSkunk Boxer

Hello,
    I am really new to buildbox and i cant figure out how to make this kind of gameplay.
    I wish to make gameplay like amazing brick or similar to flappy bird, but the difference would be that you could go left or right, what i mean if you tap left side of the screen you go left and ,if you tap right side you go right. And that you can move like this without background movement to the left like in flappy bird. Screen should be in portrait and go up like amazing brick.

If anything is unclear please ask me and thank you for your help.

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials/

3. SuperSkunk

SuperSkunk Boxer

I was looking at this tutorials and i didnt found what i was looking for, or did i miss something? So if anyone can send me in the right direction i would be very grateful

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Start with one of the templates that go upwards. For example the one called "jumping". Then open the world UI and make the two movement buttons already there as big until they fill half the screen each. Then paste one huge jump button over it. Uncheck block touch through. Then play with the world values and the character gameplay settings until you got what you are looking for. For example if you use the jumping template adjust the bounce to zero and so on...

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    comicsmathias and blackswan like this.
  5. SuperSkunk

SuperSkunk Boxer

Thank you for your help Christoph, i will try this and see how it goes. My computer died and i have to buy new parts, soo iam kinda late with this reply and didnt have time to play with buildbox.

6. Akatsuki

Akatsuki Boxer

This things work out for making game like slip away but in order to have game play like amazing brick what should we do??