Unusual Bugs After Testing On Device

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by neilioEscobar, Dec 13, 2016.

1. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

So I followed all the procedures on how to do a few things here and there such as jumping on platforms and using the polygon arrow editor so the character can go through the platforms and jump on them. However, I put this game into my device, I can't go through the platforms for some odd reason. It's treating it like an object that the character collides it with. I set the platforms as Platform preset, fixed type, the arrow points up indicating they can jump through it to jump on it. When I test the game on buildbox, it works perfectly fine. I test it on my device, the platforms are just objects that the character collides with and gets stuck (cannot go through the platforms). The platforms are set to collide but doesn't destroy anything. What exactly am I doing wrong?

Second issue, the game I'm creating is an endless runner. I made a stop button where it stops the character from running. I set the button as a component action. I add the advanced move to the character and set the linear velocity to 0, replace the image, and change the event to the stop button. It works fine, except the character slightly slides. However, sometimes when I test the game on both buildbox and on my device (iphone 6 btw), I press the stop button but the character speed is the same while running except the image is an image of them standing. This happens quite often like every other time I test the game on both buildbox and on my device. How is it possible for the character to stop but the enemies to continue moving around in an endless runner game? This is a very important element of the game or else this project becomes useless.

I appreciate any help I can get. This game is literally 99% finished except these bugs are preventing me from releasing it.

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

3. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

BB Version 2.2.7
    Windows 7 OS
    Testing device: iPhone 6

4. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

Ok, I found a bug in buildbox!

When you add an advanced move to your character, set the mathematical operation to REPLACE and the event a CHARACTER BUTTON, the image gets replaced when the user presses the character button but doesn't follow the settings of the velocity. For instance, my character is supposed to stop with the image replaced of them standing, right? What prevents them from moving is setting the linear velocity to 0. Whenever I press the stop button, the character continues to move normally without following the linear velocity settings but the image is replaced based on what was uploaded in the animation section. When I take out the replacement image and put nothing, the character stops normally and follows the linear velocity without any issues.

5. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

I solved the stop button issue but now I'm stuck on the platform issue. The character is able to go through the platforms and jump through them to land on them in the buildbox simulator but on my device, I can't seem to go through or jump on any platform from any side. It acts like an object the character collides with. I cannot go through them so the character gets stuck because it can't jump on higher platforms in some scenes. I already made the polygon arrow pointing up. What else am I supposed to do? It works perfectly fine in the simulator.

6. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

I just realized, is it because I'm on a trial version of BB? Not all of the features will be uploaded when testing on devices?

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No. The trial is a full version of Buildbox. Everything should be working. Can you do a video of the problem showing both, the game on a device and the game in Buildbox? If you're game is sensitive do a prototype with only the problem showing. You can also send both + a bbdoc to support. They are able to take care of any bugs if they exist.

My guess is you did something wrong as nobody else is reporting this issue. You also might use a new template and try there to see if you have the same problem and go from there looking for the problem.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  8. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

Ok so I made a video and posted pics showing the issue. I'm also attaching the properties of the platform.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

The strange part is that it works perfectly fine in the simulator. Here's a video of the simulator test below:

Christoph likes this.
  10. neilioEscobar

neilioEscobar Boxer

So is this a bug I have to report to the developers or is there a workaround? My game is literally finished but this issue is preventing me from releasing it.

11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer