What Is Not Possible With Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by moonmoon, Oct 4, 2016.

1. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Hi boxers,

So I am using Buildbox quite actively for a couple of days now, and I have many more idea's I want to work on using Buildbox. But I always have this insecurity and fear that after I design my game idea (in photoshop or Ai), that I will walk against unsolvable complications in Buildbox.

So I would love to know, what is absolutely not possible with Buildbox?

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Real 3D, Multiplayer games, drag and drop, games type Candy Crush, Clash of Clans....

In the future it is possible to integrate Multiplayer, drag and drop, and Candy Crush games, but so far not implemented.

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Every software has limitations but asking such a question makes zero sense as the answers depend on the kind of game you want to make. I suggest you look at the Games page of the website to see the kind of stuff you can make

4. Shawh

Shawh Boxer

There are a lot of things that are not possible with Buildbox. But from my understanding overall, Buildbox is made to follow the market trends so that your game gets a feature. For example if the larger percentage of audience is liking an "A" type of game(One tap or swipe mostly nowadays), it will provide you with a feature(or you can request it) that can work with that type of game. Now in buildbox 2, what I love is that isometric/trimetric possibilities have been expanded because that is a game type in demand of the market for now. In 1 or 2 years time maybe a new demand will arise and I'm sure it will follow that too.

The only major features not possible for now are multiplayer and 3D, and I'm sure multiplayer might be added in the long term.

So the best way to go is to search the market for your competition and see what people are making, and if you like a game type and want to improve it you can ask the buildbox community if that is possible.

Hope that helps.

clenard likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The best way to know is to make first a prototype and then go on to design what ever is possible.

clenard likes this.
  6. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Also go look and download all the game styles that ARE possible with Buildbox.
    https://www.buildbox.com/all-stars/

As previously mentioned Multiplayer, 3D & Match 3 style games or VR are the main current misses. So no Call of Duty, Bejeweled, FIFA, Sim City or FarmVille style of games. Yet :)

7. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Don't design artwork without first building a prototype with simple graphics to test the limitations. If you find any then come back to the forums and we will try our best to kill em!

8. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Hey @moonmoon welcome to BuildBoxers club!

Your question is very broad, like asking what things I cannot cut with a knife? A lot actually, yet a knife is a very useful tool...

It is easier to define what you can do with BuildBox and there are a lot of discussions about it in this forum. Generally speaking everything is possible that are in the template Egan you create a new project, and stuff that are not there is either tricky or even very very difficult, or jury simply impossible. You should start with things that are easy to do and the more things you do the better you will become in this. Also if you stuck on something we might can help...

9. moonmoon

moonmoon Boxer

Thank you all for your replies and advice! It is much appreciated and so I will stay away from games that consist of Real 3D, Multiplayer and drag and drop(for now:p). I will keep exploring and building using Buildbox, and if I won't hesitate to ask you guys out for help!