Build Box Crashing On No Internet Conenction

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by nitroy2k, Sep 4, 2016.

1. nitroy2k

nitroy2k Boxer

Hey guys I have serious problem on Mac..
    I have problem with wi fi network it keeps me disconecting from time to time and every single time Buildbox crashes when I lose internet...
    All data is lost and I don't even see project i was working on when that happens ....
    Attached screen shoot..

Attached Files:

2. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

It is normal, in order to work in BB you need an internet connection.

3. nitroy2k

nitroy2k Boxer

Well it's not normal for app to crash if there is no internet..
    I built software in the past and android app, ios apps that detect no internet connection and handle it by displaying hey. no internet please wait... refresh...
    Not even one of my apps crashes when there is no internet and since this is paid product it must not either..

Update has to handle this better or we as developers might lose hours of work if the app crashes

I have android studio turned on for months with 4-5 projects imagine what would be if that always was crashing when my internet gets bad or disconected.

Frustration :)

This is 2-3h work fix..

Nanotaku likes this.
  4. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I think they do it in order to protect you and your game. Just save your game frequently.

5. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

Going to agree with Nitroy here... There's no reason an engine at this price can't handle losing an internet connection gracefully and offer the option of saving your work before shutting down. There's not really any great reason it shouldn't keep running (hell throw a giant watermark on the build until the license is re-connected)...

Immediate shutdown on loss of internet is... amateur... (to be kind)

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

A few days ago i saw a thread where boxers were discussing this issue.
    If you have any problem or you want to tell them about this case you can contact with support@buildbox.com. Forum is not best place to ask about it because this issue can only be solved with BB officials desire.

7. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

No problem, Nihat -- The BB team knows. I was just responding so Nitroy knew he wasn't alone in the professional dev world with his complaint.

The worst thing possible would be to chase off proper devs too soon while the BB offering grows...

8. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I should say that i am also not happy about this issue. I save my game very often but sometimes i forget to do that and if BB crashes everything that i make turns to wast of time. As i said before it is not an issue that we can solve with little tricks. That is why we should be patient and wait them to solve this problem.