Walking Left Off Screen Fix?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by FrankNagy, Sep 4, 2016.

1. FrankNagy

FrankNagy Boxer

So if I walk to the Left of Starting World Screen, I fall endlessly to my doom.

Is there a way to restrict the Player from going off the End of the Scene?

Also is there a way to make it so you can only Scroll to the Right?
    (Not sure if I'll use this, but I'd like to know if it's an option.)

2. Neverafter

Neverafter Boxer

You can you have to go to the game frame and click the left side of it once
    And it should work

3. FrankNagy

FrankNagy Boxer

That does nothing. I also can't make a person die by falling at bottom of screen. Is there something wrong with my version? 2.2.3

4. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

Select the Start scene and then click on that icon in the top right with the square and dots in the corners. That makes the game frame visible.

Grabbing the dots in the corners you can resize that frame. Clicking the sides of the frame changes its colors. Each color has different meaning:

Red: When character touches it it will die immediately

Yellow: Character cannot pass that line

Grey: Character can pass and grab camera with it - aka scrolling

5. FrankNagy

FrankNagy Boxer

Ok This fixed it but now It doesn't auto scroll when I'm moving??? Any ideas on that? I'm still tinkering with it.

EDIT: Seems to Scroll fine, But sometimes I seem to die randomly when Scrolling???

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
  6. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

Be sure to move the right "scrolling" edge wayyy in... probably to about a third the width of the screen, so it starts to scroll early enough to see upcoming things. Dunno about the dying randomly, though.

7. FrankNagy

FrankNagy Boxer

I got it, I had a problem with the Scroll point not being Centered, and I had some strange duplicate Scenes that were doing it...

There any way to Make it so you can Go backwards? Or is that function not available? (Possibly because of having Random Scene order?)

8. Nanotaku

Nanotaku Boxer

You can go backwards just fine if you leave the scene window edge the right color. My scene window "collision box" is tiny and near mid-screen so the character is always nearly centered, and my levels just have an invisible giant wall keeping the player from going any further (or you could opt for a visible wall).

Just remember to set your object deletion threshold per world if your worlds are big... or the engine will really bog down after a bit keeping all the stuff behind you in memory.

Not sure what the new BB version sets it to... it used to have one automatically but now it's under "add component" when you click on the world in the big map view.

Anyway anything past the "delete threshold" will no longer be there if you trek backwards to look at it, so keep that in mind and maybe don't expect to make an expansive Metroidvania just yet. :D

FrankNagy likes this.