Is There A Gameplay Type For This?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Taiwosam, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Taiwosam

Taiwosam Boxer

Hi, everyone. I'm new to BuildBox and game development in general. How do I make it so that there will be different characters (8, for example, arranged in different orders every time) on a single continuous procession towards an object (an enemy) placed somewhere on the user's screen (say at the top center)? Also, how do I make it so that the procession can appear from top or bottom or left or right?

My trial has expired and I want to know if this is possible before I subscribe to BuildBox. I'm really looking forward to a reply.

2. Aksoy

Aksoy Boxer

As far as I am aware, you can only have 1 type of character on screen at once. This same 1 character can however be used several times.
    So you won't be able to have different playable characters.

If they are simply objects. you can use the Spawner to spawn many objects at once, or use the Portal which can keep the original character and clone out a new one.

Taiwosam likes this.
  3. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

I also think that you can use only one character in scene but you can sell different characters in store with in-game currency, rewarded video and with in-app purchase

Taiwosam likes this.
  4. Taiwosam

Taiwosam Boxer

Thanks for the reply. I want to be able to interact with each of the objects. If I use the portal, will it be possible to generate a character with different characteristics from the original?

5. Aksoy

Aksoy Boxer

Yes you may be able to, depending on how different you are aiming for.

0. Outside of the Portal exit place a new image and call it ALTER (or whatever you like) and set as decoration
    Also set this to 0% opacity for final build.
    Also turn off Collision for this image

1. Under your character options (where you have jumping, moving animations etc)
    2. click Add Component
    3 Select Advanced Movement
    4. Change your settings as desired
    5. Then under Mathematical Operation select Replace
    6. Then under Event, select Collision
    7. Then Affected Asset select ALTER

Every time your character exits the portal and touches ALTER, it will take upon these new characteristics.
    You can even add a separate animation or appearance.

Would be cool if you can change the Health aspect but it is not possible unless theres a workaround.