point scores...

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by guttaavestudios, Apr 29, 2016.

1. guttaavestudios

guttaavestudios Boxer

Having all the new options for point scores is awesome but there's no option to give objects a point value or am I missing something

2. D3.io

D3.io Boxer

Rewarding points are done via actions. Create a new action, for example a "coin". Set the action type to "coin" and you'll be able to set the reward points and reward coins.

3. guttaavestudios

guttaavestudios Boxer

@D3.io I thought they were hooking it up so you could assign the enemies/objects different point values so you could shoot or destroy them and the points would register without having to attach an action but thanks for the feedback

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

if you search the forums, you will find MULTIPLE threads on how people keep saying you can attach action to an enemy and that will work, and in quite a few of those threads, you will see my reply asking how they did it so I could replicate it for my space shooter (and another thread), and not one solution has worked yet... this has been an ongoing obsession of mine... but alas... there is no way to assign points to an enemy because any attached action dies with the enemy... if you achieve this, please let me know...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
    JoeWilson likes this.
  5. guttaavestudios

guttaavestudios Boxer

@heathclose I've been having the same luck,i've tried a few suggestions and tried thinking outside the box for a solution but couldn't get the end result I wanted.If the actions could be destroyed that would probably work, then you'd be able to import your objects/enemies as actions to assign points but you can't shoot them and you can't assign objects point values so for now I'm thinking we just have to make do. I was hoping I'd find a way because I'm working on a space shooter as well and a couple other games I would have liked to implement the points system on.If I hear anything or figure out a way i'll be sure to let you know

heathclose likes this.