The Animation Editor is the horizontal bar with a frame timeline at the bottom of the World workspace. It allows you to create a motion sequence of the selected character or object, which will be played across a timeline within a scene. The timeline is used to properly key animations for the movement, rotation, and scale values, with each selected frame highlighted in orange.
|Button||Icon||Allows you to|
|Play||Play the animation of the currently selected character or object.|
|Record||Record the animation sequence of the selected character or object.|
|Loop||Play your animation continuously.|
|Toggle Graph Editor||Expand/collapse the Graph Animation Editor.|
To animate an object:
- Select the object that you want to animate in the Scene Editor.
- Click the frame number in the Animation Editor, for example 0, and position the object to the location in the scene where you want it to be at this point.
- Click the Record button.
- Click the next frame number in the Animation Editor, for example, 20, and move the object to a new location in the scene.
- Continue with the process until you create the desired movement on the screen.
- Click the Record button when done.
- To preview the animation, click the Play button.