xter defeated animation issue

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by laxxsgxqy, Oct 20, 2015.

1. SingleWave

SingleWave Boxer

Hello Boxers,
    I have been struggling with xter defeated animation that doesn't play and my xter only disapear after colliding. My xter defeated objects are tiny physics so it should give something like The Line Zen game in this video:

I couldn't figure out what could be wrong, any help please ?

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Me too tried it and for unknown reasons, the particles disappears instead of falling apart :(
    upload_2015-10-20_19-22-52.png

3. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

@sysads Your settings don't look too bad, although its hard to say without seeing the rest of your project. Couple small notes though...

• If you are doing fixed movement there is no need to have the Collision Type set to "Collide". Try changing this to "No Collide".
    • Also set your Spawn Rate on your defeated objects to something higher, like "100".
    • Make sure your characters Game Over Delay is high enough that it gives time for the spawning to play out. A setting of "1" is usually pretty good.
    • Also check your character's Fall Attribute is set so that your character doesn't fly off the screen when you die. Usually the default of "0" is good, but it can depend on your games settings.
    • Finally, there seem to be a few bugs with zOrder on death at the moment. If your game has some decorations as background images try removing these for testing purposes to verify your death objects are spawning properly. If they are being covered up by background images you may have to play around with the zOrdering of your scenes.

chiacpa84 likes this.
  4. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Once again my friend, you are super duper. I think the spawn rate and game over delay did the trick :)